Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
I've decided to get a Boxster!

So I was going back and forth between the Boxster and the Cayman. I like the shape of the Cayman and wasn't sure I'd really want a convertible. I remember having my Miata way back when and I never ended up putting the top down like I thought I would, but then it wasn't a power top either. The Miata was noisy, fogged up a lot, etc. So I drove an '04 Boxster S today since the dealer didn't have any other Boxsters. I'd driven the new Cayman and liked the way it drove but wanted to get an idea if I really want a convertible.

As soon as I put the top down I decided I want the Boxster. I want a new/next to new one, and decided to order one be built exactly like I want. There were only four in the whole country that could be found at other dealers in the colors I wanted (black/black) with similar options I'd chosen and it actually came out cheaper just to order it.

So now I just have to (impatiently) wait for it to get here.

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #2

Way to go LB! Don't think you'll regret it.

It's going to seem like a loooong wait til delivery. Hang in there.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #3

I know it's going to seem like forever for it to get here. And I may have to wait for them to even build it until March unless he can get me an earlier date. Then it takes a month or so to deliver.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #4

Today was a drop top kinda day down in our neck of the woods. That's the upside to a convertible in the south, we can enjoy the nice winter 70's while a lot of the country has their convertibles in storage.

Congrats on the purchase, did you use benson?
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #5

I guess it's Benson because I made the check for the deposit out to Bensco. Doesn't say their name anywhere that I saw on the dealership though. It's the one in Metairie.

I actually decided to get the heated seats. Even though we don't have a lot of cold weather, I HATE cold weather! Too bad they don't make air conditioned seats though.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #6

Congrats LB on your purchase. You'll love your Box and be the envy of NO. What options are you getting?

I wish you better luck with Porsche of New Orleans than I had. These are the bozos who were afraid to sell a car to me over the internet & phone. Then they told me the Carmen Red 06 I was interested in was sold. That was early last month. It's still listed on their website. Then they fired their Sales Mgr and Finance Mgr. Hopefully the replacements regain control of the asylum.

But their loss, I ended up with my 08S LE instead. Yours will be here before you know it.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #7

Well, the guy I've been dealing with I think has been there a while and my dad gave me his name. But he mentioned a past manager who sounded like he had issues but is no longer there, so that might be who you dealt with. I do know though their website seems to not be updated. When I looked on there recently there was an '06 Boxster and they do not have it. Hopefully I don't have any issues with the financing. I was approved through Lending Tree with two lenders, so I assume a couple months from now I can get something similar. But apparently you can't really get the loan until you actually have the car, so I'll just have to wait.

I am getting black with black leather interior, power seats, heated seats, Bose, wind screen, 19" turbo wheels, manual transmission.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #8

Congrats! Hope the wait moves quickly.
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #9

congrats!
you should do the euro delivery. go to germany. bond with your car on the autobahn. eat spaetzl.

i would have done that but apparently they don't offer it on 7 year old used cars bought from a private party.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/europeandelivery/theultimatevacacion/
Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #10

Wouldn't that be fun! With my luck I'd total the car on the Autobahn before I even get it home and my insurance company would have an exclusion for out of country driving or something.

I don't see many details on actually doing that on the site. And it sort of looks like it's only for two models of car? I'd love to go to Germany one day, especially since the largest part of my heritage that I even am aware of is German.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #11
1JB

Congrats on the Boxster LB. I was all set to buy a Cayman and hadn't even considered a Boxster until I drove one at the last minute. Went out with my son, put the top down, on a sunny spring day, American Girl popped up on the radio and I was sold. Nothing frees one's soul more than putting the top down on the way home after a day in the office.
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #12

Congrats and now the worst part - waiting! I ordered my S on Nov. 5 and was told it would be a Jan. delivery. Just found out that it is scheduled to be completed by Jan. 21 and delivered to me mid-Feb.

Give your options some serious thought and remember that you can make changes up to a certain point, which is further along the timeline that one would think.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #13
bmussatti

Congrats on the new order! You will be very happy.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #14

Congratulations, Love Bunny !

That's so cool that you ordered stick shift

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JB
Nothing frees one's soul more than putting the top down on the way home after a day in the office.

Exactly! I only drove it for a couple minutes with the top down, and it was cloudly and getting close to raining, but it still had the same effect. And I was surprised my hair didn't fly around as much as I was worried it would.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #16

I have a filter on PC at the momment so I can't see your sig, but Love Bunny you better be a female!!!

p.s.
Get clear bra on the new whip, I was really not impressed with the roads in your neck of the woods on my last bachelor party trip there. What a bender..
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I have a filter on PC at the momment so I can't see your sig, but Love Bunny you better be a female!!!

@ PL...hahahahahahaha!

Hey LB! Congradumalation (as water boy, adam sandler, would say it )

just keep yourself busy and next thing you knew, they be calling you to pick it up...
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #18

Yep, I am most definitely a female, but it doesn't say that in my sig.

What exactly is clear bra and how do I get it? Is it an option or something I can do after I get the car? We do have some hellish roads around where I live. I'm going to look into getting a tire/wheel warranty. I know the tire cost is going to be pretty high for this car, but I'm preparing myself for it.

Trying to keep busy until it gets here. All my work keeps canceling lately though.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #19

A clear bra is one that lets everything show through...they make them for the car as well.

Sorry, could not resist. Seriously, it will protect the paint from chips albeit some have complained that it too can get chipped up or turn yellow-ish. And they are not cheap...some would just as soon do a repaint every couple years.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
congratulations on a new ride. enjoy it (and get ready for the looks hehe)

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote