Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #1

volume on radio doesnt work

Hey guys so I got another traffic pro, cuz it has a orange display instead of a green one which i used to have. I pluged it in the same way my other one was and everything worked but no sound. The nav didnt have sound, the radio no sound, and cd no sound. is there any wiring issues i should be aware of? There 3 things that plug in the back ( a blue, yellow and a long black one). theres also two things that plug in the bottom left and right corners (antenas I believe).

appreciate the help.

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #2

The traffic pro I know of is the one some Boxster owners were installing a few years ago, because it had been discontinued and they were going for $400 new. In order to get sound (if you had the amp in the trunk) we had to swap 2 wires. If we did not swap the 2 wires then the amp had no power and you had no sound.

The Becker traffic pro I know of had 2 or 3 display colors. Amber used by Porsche. Red used by BMW. I do not remember if green was a third color. I do remember that there was a green version but it was for Ford, and it might have been traffic pro II.

Is your current traffic pro identical to the original version except for the display color? Is your current traffic pro new or used?
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #3

I got this amber one used. its in great condition and I think your right about the wiring for the amp. I dont have an aftermarket amp. Do you know which wires I have to switch?

thank you
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #4

If you have the factory amp in the front trunk behind the spare tire.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=601&st=0&p=2485&#entry2485

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote