Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #1

Seat Position Retention Mechanism broken?

So I've been driving the 986S around a bit lately, as we've had intense rain storms and my fiancee is more comfortable driving the Audi in such weather.

I've noticed that the seat returns to the forward position whenever I get out of the car. Then when I get in if I apply pressure with my legs it slides back into position slowly. Essentially the seat mechanism appears to be broken. My seats only have power recline... the height and forward/back adjustment are manual. The height lever right now essentially does nothing. The slide level seems to work correctly but as soon as you get out of the car the seat returns to the forward position.

Make sense? Anybody have this issue before, and know what needs to be fixed? Everything else in the seat works fine including the heaters, just the position lock seems to have failed.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #2

Shock

I had the same problem, mine was in the upper position and I had to apply a lot of pressure to be able to lower it but it would come back to the upper position by itself. Underneath the seat, there is a shock which was broken, you can get one from dealership for about 150. Its pretty easy to replace and seat will work again.
juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #3

Awesome Juan thanks! Really didn't want to pull the seat unless I knew exactly what I was looking for.

Was also wondering if anyone was gonna reply... thought of coming in to bump the thread. I'll check it out this weekend.