Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambino Don
I remember you saying that in a previous post, that is so stupid!!!

I love ferrari's too much too say a bad word and since reading this post am in the classifieds looking at 355 spiders, although i keep reading the coupe is a lot better, ''ALLROUND''

Yellowboxster: have you an opinion, did your dad test drive both before buying the spider??

James
No, he wanted a convertible and thought the 355 looked best as a convertible.

As much as I love Ferrari's, I believe they're way overrated. They're beautiful cars and sound great but, in all the years of development they haven't figured out a way to service the car without dropping the entire engine out the bottom of the car. Lamborghini's seem to school Ferrari's in every aspect. Afterall a prancing bull would kick a prancing horse's ass.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #22
bmussatti

Yellowporsche, how many car garage do you have? I'd like more toys in the future, but I need a bigger garage first!

The lift's are great for creating more space.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #23
FIG

I was under the assumption the F430 did not require the engine removed???? All previous models did?

Also, I didn't have to have owned a fezza previously to order the F430.....Ferrari were quite willing to take my AUS$509K on the road.
FIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Yellowporsche, how many car garage do you have? I'd like more toys in the future, but I need a bigger garage first!

The lift's are great for creating more space.
The lift in one of the pictures is at the shop I work at. He stores his 912 Targa and track car there. His yellow 993 is at the lake house. The 993 Turbo is stored climate controlled in the showroom of the mechanic shop we take our cars to. The 996 cab, 996 Turbo, GT, and Gallardo are at his house. The 355, 912, and 500SL are stored at his hanger with the Beechcraft Starship and Commander for the time being.

He's in the process of having another 4 car garage built at his house. He's going to have to get the ball rolling on that asap because, he's got an R8 that should arrive early this next year.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
...The 355, 912, and 500SL are stored at his hanger with the Beechcraft Starship and Commander for the time being.

Awesome stable! Very Nice...

Which one 29 or 45 on the 2000?
...and does it get much use?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/2004_986.jpg
markab986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:15 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Bambino Don
Quote:
The lift in one of the pictures is at the shop I work at. He stores his 912 Targa and track car there. His yellow 993 is at the lake house. The 993 Turbo is stored climate controlled in the showroom of the mechanic shop we take our cars to. The 996 cab, 996 Turbo, GT, and Gallardo are at his house. The 355, 912, and 500SL are stored at his hanger with the Beechcraft Starship and Commander for the time being.

He's in the process of having another 4 car garage built at his house. He's going to have to get the ball rolling on that asap because, he's got an R8 that should arrive early this next year.

I went to a Hotel just off lake Como in italy a few years back called The Grand Hotel Tremmezzo & the had an amazing garage that you drove the car in to a space that space dropped straight down and was replaced by another space it was incredible to watch a Cayenne go ontop of a 550 marrenello

James
00 Audi TT 180 coupe
02 DC5 Honda Integra typeR
01 Alfa Romeo spider 3.0 V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT Roadster 225
02 Porsche Boxster S silver/red Rolling on 19's
Now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../mycayman1.jpg

07 Cayman Guards Red/black on 19's
Bambino Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by markab986
Awesome stable! Very Nice...

Which one 29 or 45 on the 2000?
...and does it get much use?

45, Tulsa Renaissance Energy is his company. Him and his business partner own it, I believe one of 5 left in operation. Yes actually, they use it quite frequently. We also use it as a family and flew to New Jersey a couple summers ago, it took 4 hours from Tulsa to Jersey. Makes you feel like a rock star getting off of it, it draws crowds everywhere it goes.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambino Don
I went to a Hotel just off lake Como in italy a few years back called The Grand Hotel Tremmezzo & the had an amazing garage that you drove the car in to a space that space dropped straight down and was replaced by another space it was incredible to watch a Cayenne go ontop of a 550 marrenello

James
It's a rotisserie, they're used alot in Japan.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #29

Quote:
... I believe one of 5 left in operation. Yes actually, they use it quite frequently. We also use it as a family and flew to New Jersey a couple summers ago, it took 4 hours from Tulsa to Jersey. Makes you feel like a rock star getting off of it, it draws crowds everywhere it goes.
Yes, I believe you are correct on 5 "flying" units left...most have been destroyed or parted out, the rest are on display at various locations.

They are are usually "cast" in "futuristic" movies...

Awesome cars and thanks for the shot of "45", I'm glad to see someone still enjoying it...(as I had a small part in it's existence)...last pics I'd seen of it were shot in Alabama

...sorry to hijack the thread

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/2004_986.jpg
markab986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #30

beautiful collection!! hope your father/family enjoys them with good health

jackhoff is offline   Reply With Quote