Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #21
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
This the best color code chart I have found:

http://********************************************.com/model/986catalog/color-code.html

It maybe different depending on where you buy it, so if the store has there own color chart use there's to be safe. Most places let you give them your VIN so they check and make sure the color is correct.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #22
HB.

Thanks a lot Rick, it looks like Iris blue metallic, but I will let the shop run the VIN just to make sure.
HB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
Thanks a lot Rick, it looks like Iris blue metallic, but I will let the shop run the VIN just to make sure.
Your color code should be on the inside of your front hood. It's on that list that is a sticker when you look up.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #24

I hate to bring up an old thread but how are these spoilers at speed? Are they actually keeping your rear on the ground? I've been thinking about getting one.
Thanks
Chris

Last edited by Dragonwind; 04-09-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Dragonwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #25

Well I get mine back from the body shop tomorrow..feels like forever, but if you still feel skeptical about using this type of spoiler, log onto porsche.com, and notice this is the new spoiler for the 987'z. If its good enough for porsche engineers, its good enough for me.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #26

My new wing setup as of 4PM today..

Here is my wing setup..I just put on...

1998 Arctic Silver Boxster
stcroixdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #27

that pop-up spoiler defeats the purpose of the original design. the OEM spoiler does not allow air to pass under the element (like a wing). it is designed to slow the airflow over the back of the car & reduce lift. that design in the first post won't accomplish this. a couple of years ago we talked about this; a guy installed it & complained that his car felt a little floaty on the freeway. the OEM spoiler is actually functional.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcroixdrew
Here is my wing setup..I just put on...
Where'd you purchase that fixed spoiler? Do tell.......
Rareair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #29
HB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
that pop-up spoiler defeats the purpose of the original design. the OEM spoiler does not allow air to pass under the element (like a wing). it is designed to slow the airflow over the back of the car & reduce lift. that design in the first post won't accomplish this. a couple of years ago we talked about this; a guy installed it & complained that his car felt a little floaty on the freeway. the OEM spoiler is actually functional.

That makes sense, but the OEM spoiler is so ugly. What kinda speeds are we talking about to actually notice the effects from the spoiler? It doesn't raise until 75mph, so are we talking triple digits here?
HB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:16 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
That makes sense, but the OEM spoiler is so ugly. What kinda speeds are we talking about to actually notice the effects from the spoiler? It doesn't raise until 75mph, so are we talking triple digits here?
i'd say you could probably notice it anywhwere over 80mph or so. i don't have personal experience with this, just anecdotal evidence. i believe MNBoxster weighed in on this awhile back after someone swapped to this pass-through type spoiler & had some handling issues.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareair
Where'd you purchase that fixed spoiler? Do tell.......
Direct Car toys in Miami..the new lower spoiler actually goes up and meets the top wing for added surface. Drove it 50 miles today and I honestly cant feel a difference between the stock and these. Im sure the efficiency may be a little less. but no complaints from me..

1998 Arctic Silver Boxster
stcroixdrew is offline   Reply With Quote