Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #1

Cool Fell in love with my boxster all over again today!

Now I figured the alignment was not accurate ever since I bought the car, but I would not have guessed it was as bad as I discovered this morning!

I know how a proper alignment can transform the feel of a car, and this was no exception. I have a feeling this was the first time this car had been aligned since leaving the factory. The car feels even more amazing now :dance:

I tried to go to work after I had this done, but just couldn't focus... so I took the rest of the day off and went for a little drive

before:
Front
Toe: (L) -0.09 (R) +0.03
Camber: (L) -0.33 (R) +0.51
Caster: (L) +7.86 (R) +7.66

Rear
Toe: (L) +0.13 (R) +0.17
Camber: (L) -1.80 (R) -1.46
Two hours and $145.00 later

After:
Front
Toe: (L) +0.03 (R) +0.03
Camber: (L) -0.41 (R) +0.30
Caster: (L) +7.64 (R) +7.63

Rear
Toe: (L) +0.07 (R) +0.06
Camber: (L) -1.68 (R) -1.68
The tech mentioned that many of those adjustment points were maxed out which surprised me just a little bit, but not enough to worry me. What finally drove me to get the car in was the rapid rate at which my right rear was wearing (down through the wear-bars already) compared to the left rear. In fact I think I am going to have to buy a new right rear already.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Yeah i have the same problem with my drivers side front camber, the camber adjustments are already maxed out and the wheel is barely in spec.

i wonder how i can fix that....

But congrats, when i get my boxster back im taking it in to the shop to do the alignment myself again... I feel better doing it myself.

I wonder why it says your front Caster is (L) +7.86 (R) +7.66 when its non-adjustible, wouldnt non-adjustible read out as 0.0?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #3

Luckily when I got my car, it needed new rear tires. I had the tire shop put it on the alignment rack to check it, and a lot of the adjustments were out of spec. I had to wait a couple weeks to get it resolved. I didn't notice much difference, because it was done within a month of me getting the car. However, I did notice that 31mpg average on a 2000 mile trip in April... and my tires still look new!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #4

you can't set the caster on a boxster?

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)

Last edited by kabel; 11-05-2007 at 04:08 PM.
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote