Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
pk2

NEED TPC electronic controller, Boxster Supercharger,DESPARATE!!

My 99’ Boxsters TPC supercharger appears to have a bum electronic controller (the 7th injector). Looking or either “Digi-Box” or “Secondary Injector Driver”. The latter could probably come off another TPC product. DESPARATE! (consider any other that might work)

PM me please.

Regards, PK

P.S. (TPC does not support this product in anyway)

pk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #2

If you just want an injector controller:

http://www.splitsec.com/products/aic1/aic1ds.htm

But if it were me I would use an SMT6.

Todd
1971 911T
tholyoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholyoak

Todd
Thanks

That is all I need. Someone else just turned me on to that source. Looks like they’ve done a number of TCP’s super charger set-ups. They also have a generic, programmable module. So, unless there way out of whack with there price…

TCP has totally disavowed themselves of this product and have nothing to offer for it, not even advice. Real cool.

Thanks again,

PK
Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholyoak

Todd
Hey Todd ..again,

I checked out the SMT6. Looks like it takes over your whole F.I. system with the extra injector just hold over. Do you think it’s overkill? TCP was pretty adamant that there controller not be used with any sort of other tweaks to the F.I controller.(I suppose with a Holistic setup like the SMT6, everything would balance out in one program)

I’m in So. Cal and emission are tough, TPC’s set up presumably will pass the sniff test and the visual… if the guy doesn’t look (their out there and sort of documented) or if he’s kinda clueless. Ya think SMT6 would be clean enough to pass the sniffer?

Have you used one? I’m not adverse to learning new software (can pick it up pretty well) but for a one shot deal, how complex is it going to be to take advantage of whatever improvements this might have over the relatively simple (looking) Split Second program.

Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated and valued.

Thanks again, PK

P.S. This things all plumbed except for the secondary injector controller and the blower is not on the belt (not turning). Runs rough, almost like a dead miss. Should it run ok under these circumstances or should I be looking for vacuum leak or somthing?