Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
boxsterz

Mirror Mirror on the Wall is this the poser's board after all?

Just a little rant...

I don't know what brings me to posting this, and this will likely get me banned or gain me much disdain, contempt and flaming. Frankly I don't know what I have to profit from sharing this with you. I'm basically shooting myself in the foot. It's a feeling that has grown since I've stayed here, and it's becoming more apparent the more I see and discuss things here. I must get this off my chest. The truth must be told. I do not mean to insult everyone here, but I fear I ultimately will.

So here I go down the slippery slopes...

On the whole, as a group of posters, I find this group of forum members more articulate than most but far more ignorant and opinionated than hoped. A pigeon hole type mentality is pervasive. Creative thinking is the rarity. Problem solving or modding a forgone conclusion. Dare I say the boxster criticism of Poser Porsche seems to fit. And fit well on average . I think that really sucks because the boxster is a capable performance car that has yet more to offer. I belong to several other internet forums and this one is the worst in terms of factual info and objectivity. On average, this forum's info is largely biased and not well thought out. It is not only closed minded, but oppressively so.

There are shining exceptions to this, tool pants, grizzly, randallneighboor, bismoto engineering, etc... (forgive me if I forgot you on the list...)

Do I need to get a 911 and hang with them? No, I'm not drunk... no I'm not on meds... just a little fed up with the poser mentality here. There, I feel better. What I can't play in this sandbox anymore??

Last edited by boxsterz; 10-16-2007 at 07:10 PM.