Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #1

New top ordered! (texas people, look)

I just ordered a new top from Topsonline.com. I had put the word up here before, but I'm inviting anyone who wants to come and either help or observe to come on down!

I expect I'll have the top within about a week, but will plan on doing the install on either Saturday the 20th, or the week after, on the 27th.

For those that want to come, I'm in Austin, on the north side (pretty much in Round Rock). I expect this will take all day, so I'll try to get started around 9am. Most people who have done a top replacement themselves have noted it takes about 10 hours... so I'll be at it all day!

If anyone is interested, let me know by emailing me (I don't frequent the boards so much lately) at mqjaustin at yahoo dot com. I'll decide which weekend I want to do the install hopefully by the 13th, so you'll have at least a weeks notice.

Also.. if anyone has a video camera and mad video editing skillz - we could do a DIY video!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #2

I'll probably plan on doing the top install on the 27th, since it will give a little more time to review everything.

I'll post some pics when I get the top and get it home! I definitely want to share the experience. Hopefully I'll end up helping a lot of people replace their own tops eventually.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #3

Very nice, I may drop by if its okay, your presence and help was appreciated when I did my side glass window change, will send you an email as well.
alikhan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #4

Ali, I'll definitely let you know when I do the work.

I received the top yesterday. It's still boxed up. I'm going to take pictures as I unbox it, and give a 'pre-install review'.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #5

Which top did you get? German canvas? Glass or plastic window?
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #6

The German Canvas (space gray) with the glass window.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
The German Canvas (space gray) with the glass window.
Good choice.

I'm looking forward to following along with your install and impressions of the new top. When it is time to do mine, I will likely choose the same combo as you (but in black).
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #8

if you have any questions on the install, let me know. I have done many. If you want my cell # pm me..... Pete

Peter Serbanica is offline   Reply With Quote