Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2002, 06:06 PM   #1

Boxster "Big" Brother

I was on the way to the football game this morning and in the rear-view mirror, I saw a black "996" based car coming onto the interstate. I was accelerating up to around the 3 figure mark when the black beauty pulled into the fast lane. Let me put it this way -- I was standing still when he flew past me. My tongue was hanging when I realized it was a GT2. The sound was extremely loud as the tt's were fully spooled. My guess, based upon my speed of around 110 mph, he was pushing 170+ (yes, still accelerating)! About 5 miles later I saw him doing normal highwasy speeds, and my tongue was still out. When I got along the side of him, he smiled, thumbs up, and reading his lips, he shouted "nice car!"

... Man I love these cars!!!

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Forum Contributor

Umm... Isn't 170 illegal?

My local dealer just got what (apparently) is the only GT2 headed for Wisconsin. It's silver, and it's gorgeous!
MilwSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 06:22 PM   #3

I assume 170 is illegal in most states (maybe not Montana?); but, hey, if you ca afford a GT2, the local county hotel may not be such a bad night....

Yes, the car is very intense, but, then, I think my Boxster is also intense!!!

It sure does seem like AS is the color of choice for the '01/02/03 models.........
Old 09-11-2002, 07:39 PM   #4
JT
Administrator and Founder

incredible car. When I hit the lotto I think I will buy 2 of them. According to the stars I should win the loto in October. Lets see I promise that if I do win. the first 10 members of this board will get new Boxster each

:dance:
Old 09-12-2002, 06:02 PM   #5

My Lotto wish list:

GT2 in Lapis/savannah
C4S -- the daily driver in lapis/Savannah
Boxster -- in, duh, perhaps lapis/savannah (other daily driver when I need the rag-top!)

Of course, I will also be kind to my buds on this forum and front a few boxsters........

The biggest challange will be the options: do I front the extra $800 for the footwell lights?????

Dreaming is so nice.........