Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

Boxster Trash talk

Hey guys,
i'm new here but i've been following this forum for about a year now, i own a 98 boxster with a few mods (will post a pic soon), I was reading a few car/truck forums today and ran across this funny post. It always makes me smile when i see comparisions about speed with the boxster. anyways here's the post
RE: Beat a Porche Boxster??
IP: Logged

I'm not worried, bud. Yuppies talk on the damn cell phone too much to drive well. And besides, the REAL Porsche guys have the all-wheel-drive twin-turbo 911's and Carrera 4's. The Boxster is what you buy your rich tennis-playin' stay-at-home MILF. But then again, all I paid for my beer haulin drag racer was $21000 drive-off-the-lot. So, I'm not worried.

2000 Dakota Sport Loaded
4.7, 5spd, 3.55
15.48 @ ~87~

and here's the link http://www.dodgedakotas.com/boards/per/851.html

My car isn't that fast in acceleration but to me it sure is fun to drive.

BAYTRAN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
porsche986

the boxster has a shape no other car can ever hope to have. Yer sure if someone wants power they go for a 996 turbo but thats doesnt make the boxster a bad car. The boxster has shape, design, perfromance and it has good power also. I mean the standard boxster 1998 kicks a subura imprezzas ass!

we all hear the stories boxster aint a real porsche and if that was true why does everyone smile and always give me thumps up.. i think its people who are very jellous say those things..

theres always people on message boards who slag the boxster they need to get a life or even better get a boxster!

i have a 1998 boxster also mate and yer its a wicked car!
I love it!

they forget the boxster is the ONLY true 2 seater sports car!
Every review i always see on TV the boxster always wins..
most people who slag the boxster have proberly been refused credit for one...

Last edited by porsche986; 08-20-2004 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #3

Screw what people say.There is no substitute but a Porsche! Imagine three, side by side, a Porsche 996, my Porsche Boxster S, and a 944. Everyone that passed was gawking at all three Porsches, wishing they were driving our cars. We all split up waved and continued on daily trip to work with a big smile in our faces.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
b0xt0La

This thread on that site is funny. These ppl are jealous because they can't afford a Boxster so they try as hard as they can to trash the car and it's owners by calling them yuppies.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #5
Lux

Funny stuff. Future gas station attendants over there. What's wrong with being a young urban professional? What's wrong with enjoying the finer things in life? That's right...nothing! You only go around once...better make it a good one!
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #6
b0xt0La

After bashing Porsche owners, they say if you are a true POrsche fan you should either own a C4 or 911 turbo! They try to justify not being able to own a Porsche by belittling it. Well, if your Dakota was up there in the first place, you wouldn't try to trash Porsches or any other high performance cars for that matter.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #7
Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cruzmssle Send a message via Yahoo to cruzmssle
Yup....agreed my fellow boxster pals....seems the only people that bash boxster's are those who dont own one....When the top is down, my 2001 S turns more heads than I can shake a stick at! On top of that you can never find anyone who wants to mess with ya at a stoplight!....anyways...just my 2 cents on the car I will probably have for the next 20yrs!...see ya on the road
cruzmssle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #8
Forum Contributor

I hear the same crap every time I go to a drivers ed or an autocross. Everyone makes fun of my car. I do say I am the one with the last laught. They always have to give me a pass on the track b/c I am on there tail in the turns. The last autocross I had better times then the older 911 and I am even a girl
92 968 - Husband's Car
Boxstergirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #9
porsche986

first of all... nice looking boxster boxster girl... i wish we had white in the UK, i searched and rearched but couldt find one... i had to go for black..

anyways who said the boxster isnt fast... this baby is 1 second faster than the ferrari enzo!
Now this is FAST!

Old 08-22-2004, 04:53 PM   #10
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche986
first of all... nice looking boxster boxster girl... i wish we had white in the UK, i searched and rearched but couldt find one... i had to go for black..

anyways who said the boxster isnt fast... this baby is 1 second faster than the ferrari enzo!
Now this is FAST!

Thanks for the comment on my car. I sure love to drive it. I need more of you guys to be in ohio to back me up. I know it is a great fast car and I don't need anyone to tell me it isn't. I have given up on argueing back. I just smile and walk away I don't want them to get a big head
92 968 - Husband's Car
Boxstergirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:24 AM   #11
Forum Member

you guys love your boxsters as i do mine, wax it almost every weekend for 2 years now. I've done a few mods on it like b&b tri-flow, b&m ssk, k&n filter, crossed drilled rotors. when i first got it, i used to take it to the drag alot and race alot of my friends or drive it pretty hard, but now i pretty much use it to relax by putting the top down and cruising, I think the boxster was more built IMO to just cruise and relax, i've never had a car give me more driver enjoyment then this one. I took off the b&b (didn't notice any hp gain) because it was way too loud for my taste and I couldn't have conversations with my passengers and the k&n filter (bad choice) for the maf sensors.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:17 AM   #12
Forum Member

here's my baby