Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

View Poll Results: Have you ever had your Porsche vandalized?
Yes 9 17.31%
No 43 82.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #21

Mine's black

2001 blk/tan Boxster 18" turbo twist wheels

2003 gray/tan Navigator
rgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #22
cartagena

Would you scratch Tony Soprano's car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
Lol, why is that so?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
blkboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
Would you scratch Tony Soprano's car?
Ohhhh, good point
Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #24
cartagena

Actually I am joking. People outside developed countries tend to be more respectful of other people's property. Most Colombians want to take a picture of themselves standing in front of it and would not think about damaging it. Of course, if they did my bodyguard would beat the crap out of them, call the cops, and with a small donation the cops would beat the crap out of them again.

A couple of nights ago I parked it at an outdoor restaurant where I could watch it while eating. No less than 15 girls stopped to pose in front of it while their friends took photos with cell phones. One left her number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
Ohhhh, good point

Last edited by cartagena; 10-02-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #25

im on the 2nd boxster and neither one of the two have ever been messed with but my brother had his tires slashed, the top was slashed at another time and pop was poured over it once but his box is a ocean jade green so it might get more attention then some of the other colors
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #26

[QUOTE]

"A couple of nights ago I parked it at an outdoor restaurant where I could watch it while eating. No less than 15 girls stopped to pose in front of it while their friends took photos with cell phones. One left her number."

Soooo, Cartagena...you give her a call??
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #27

cartagena, Tony Soprano or Tony Montana ?

xxxalexxxx, I'm confused. Is djomlas your brother ?

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxalexxxx
.... and pop was poured over it once
he said pop...that's funny...

p.s.
Cartagena, I was travelling throuh South America, including Colombia in August and Pcars are rare indeed...deifinitely when compared to my gated community here in NJ where there are about 6 Porsches within 1-2 blocks. But unlike NJ/NY I doubt I walked more than a block in Colombia (Medellin) without seeing a woman what I would say was at least a NYC 8! (aka a Miami 4.5 or an LA 6). And not the trashy pole dancer-just-got-off-work look that is sooo common these days here in the NorthEast, Las Vegas and Florida. More girl next door face with Monica Bellucci physique.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #29
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
he said pop...that's funny...

p.s.
Cartagena, I was travelling throuh South America, including Colombia in August and Pcars are rare indeed...deifinitely when compared to my gated community here in NJ where there are about 6 Porsches within 1-2 blocks. But unlike NJ/NY I doubt I walked more than a block in Colombia (Medellin) without seeing a woman what I would say was at least a NYC 8! (aka a Miami 4.5 or an LA 6). And not the trashy pole dancer-just-got-off-work look that is sooo common these days here in the NorthEast, Las Vegas and Florida. More girl next door face with Monica Bellucci physique.
PL, pop is a very midwest word. If you say soda out here, people look at you funny.

Are still in high school? Grading women like that, now that's FUNNY! As a husband, and especially as a father of 2 little girls, I think women deserve better than than from us men in the world.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #30
cartagena

She is on the waiting list. There are just too many to call them all.

[QUOTE=Frodo]
Quote:
Soooo, Cartagena...you give her a call??
Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #31
cartagena

Medellin has 2.2 million people and probably 3-4 Porsches including mine. I saw one 911 once and a couple SUVs. The problem is the high taxes. There is a new 911 for sale in Bogota for $185,000 USD due to taxes. There is a 3-series BMW convertible for sale at a dealer not far from where I live but it is a mind-boggling $97,000 USD. Yes, 3-series (that is not a typo).

The next time you are in town stop by my hotel for a beer. If you only saw Miami 4.5s then you have not seen Medellin. Take a look at this link: CLICK HERE!

Quote:

Last edited by cartagena; 10-03-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #32
cartagena

Yes, we should never rate woman as that is sexist and superficial. After all woman would never ever think of rating us on on something superficial such as how much money we make or what type of car we drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Are still in high school? Grading women like that, now that's FUNNY! As a husband, and especially as a father of 2 little girls, I think women deserve better than than from us men in the world.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #33

Quote:
Yes, we should never rate woman as that is sexist and superficial. After all woman would never ever think of rating us on on something superficial such as how much money we make or what type of car we drive.

This is funny. About a month ago I had a tall good looking woman (I'm neither tall nor good looking) in her late 20's approach me in a strip mall as I was buckling up. She got in her car, some Toytoa sedan can't remember which, pulled up next to me, leaned over and gave me her number. Ok... it later turned out that she did a 3-6 year stint in the State Penn and now runs an organic dog treat company she started but hey...at least she was honest.
The point is we exchanged zero words before she gave me her numero and I'm guessing she made a superficial determination that I was someone she wanted to get to know. The irony of this all is that the better more trustworthy and honest guys I know have neither flashy cars, Rolexes,etc. nor do they show off their money in any way.

sorry about ranking the ladies...too much Howard Stern. One day I will settle down!

Last edited by Perfectlap; 10-03-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #34
cartagena

Wow, can I have her number? That is about the same quality I would pick up if I returned to Canada.

Quote:
Ok... it later turned out that she did a 3-6 year stint in the State Penn and now runs an organic dog treat company she started but hey...at least she was honest.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Take a look at this link: CLICK HERE!
Excuse me while I put my eyes back in their sockets. Thanks for cheering me up this afternoon!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #36
cartagena

Everyday I find myself telling woman that look just like that to please not put fingerprints on the Porsche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
Excuse me while I put my eyes back in their sockets. Thanks for cheering me up this afternoon!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #37

^see that's worth the price of the car alone! I dated a Brazilian woman once who had no idea what a Porsche was. LOL.
I noticed in Venzuela and Colombia (not so much Brazil) that they have pageants for everything....Miss Coffee, Miss Mangos, Miss Carr tires, Miss Yorky dog, Miss kitchen blender, Miss paper clips. Any excuse to have women in swim suit competition...kinda low brow events for the FHM or Playboy devotees. The more '"reputable" pageants appeared to be for the more "legitimate" college educated model types that end up on TV Shows and soaps.
The women of either country are maybe some of the friendliest I have ever met.
Sorta like a midwestern girl that wants to go out dancing 6 nights a week.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #38

Quote:
hehe... that's great! I have that one saved for later use...
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #39
cartagena

Low brow! No no no! It is a cultural difference that Americans find hard to understand. Every year the beer company "Aguila" finds a group of girls who they parade around the country to be photographed at events wearing small bikinis. There is not one grandmother who does not dream of her granddaughter getting this job. Of course in North America it would be considered sexist but here the girls think it is an honor.

As for pageants, Miss Colombia is the biggest holiday of the year next to Christmas. Now, this is when owning a Porsche really pays off because thousands of model type girls flock to Cartagena for the pageant. I always ship the Porsche there so I can drive around very slowly. The girls always want to be photographed sitting in the car or in front of it. Having the only Porsche in the city really pays off during the pageant. It is a lot of work for me but I like to help out since most of these girls are dirt poor by our standards and could never afford a Porsche.

You are right about them being friendly as well! I can ask a girl literally 1/2 my age for her number and 90% of the time get it. If I tried that in Canada she would run to the closest panic button and have me arrested.

Quote:
^see that's worth the price of the car alone! I dated a Brazilian woman once who had no idea what a Porsche was. LOL.
I noticed in Venzuela and Colombia (not so much Brazil) that they have pageants for everything....Miss Coffee, Miss Mangos, Miss Carr tires, Miss Yorky dog, Miss kitchen blender, Miss paper clips. Any excuse to have women in swim suit competition...kinda low brow events for the FHM or Playboy devotees. The more '"reputable" pageants appeared to be for the more "legitimate" college educated model types that end up on TV Shows and soaps.
The women of either country are maybe some of the friendliest I have ever met.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #40

nickcats. no djomlas is not my brother hahahah i dunno him but my brother does have a same colored boxster as him
and as far as the pop thing i went to grad school on the east coast and people would look at me all weird when i sd pop ...so soda, pop, coke whatever hahaha

xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote