Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #1

Not so serious design flaw

The wife and I were out with the car last night. I had a can redbull and put it in the cupholder. I was kinda cool with the top down compound by some free highway if you know what I mean, so I put on the heat.

A few miles down the road my redbull was like freakin' coffee! Why did they point the vents directly onto the cupholder??

Anyway, I guess if I start drinking coffee I have a way to keep it hot...

boxstershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxstershorts
The wife and I were out with the car last night. I had a can redbull and put it in the cupholder. I was kinda cool with the top down compound by some free highway if you know what I mean, so I put on the heat.

A few miles down the road my redbull was like freakin' coffee! Why did they point the vents directly onto the cupholder??

Of course, by the time you make the switch the weather will change, and you will end up drinking cold coffee due to the cold air from the vents
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxstershorts

HEAT? It is still like 95F here at 6AM! LOL

Be glad you can actually have a need to use your heater. I have a feeling that will be one of the only switches that never gets used on my car.
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:47 AM   #4

That's how american cars are different. They start with the cupholder, then design the car around it!

Joe
TorpedoZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #5

That's it! The car's for sale LOL

Bigb:
I could really get used to living in hot climats. But there is definitely something to say for driving with the top down and the heat on in the cooler months. And heated seats are great on the butt!

I gotta say, storing the car for winter is a time I least look forward to. But it makes me love it even more when I get to take it out! I'm not sure I would appreciate the box if I could drive it year round.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #6

Maybe

you need to study the owner's manual and learn how to adjust the airflow so it doesn't come out of the mid-level vents? Heat out the footwell vents is the conventional.

Besides, driving with a Redbull sitting in plain sight is risky cop bait.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #7

I tried turning off the midlevel vents but unfortunately, even off, it get hot in the viscinity of the vents. To hot to sip a cold drink for more than a few minutes.

Red bull and a Porsche can be an interesting combo! LOL