Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #1

Live from Boxstoberfest '07 (pix)

2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
sweet man, looks like damn fun.
too bad its too damn far from me, id be all over this
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 AM   #3

Any more pics? I think you were following me in the second group after the '05 pulled over for a loose lug nut repair.

NICE ride btw!
tightbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
bmussatti

Great pictures!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
blkboxster

looked like fun, wish i could have been there

Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #6

Y'all missed some good fun! Come on out next year!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #7

Great pics, wish we had something like this around here.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #8

Cool pic of Jeph

(click to enlarge)

....and note the TurboWerx Boxster S in front (278whp)

Last edited by tightbox; 09-09-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #9

couple more pics from the weekend

Old 09-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #10

You know, Tight, I asked Bob from KC while at lunch, how much he thought (in new value) all of the cars in the parking lot were worth... hehehe That's got to be a big number! Seventy something Porsches in one place!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
Old 09-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #11

What a great day of driving and talking with other Pcar owners.

There were half a dozen Carrera owners there, and each one I talked to said they used to own a boxster and wish they still had it. Norm_in_Houston is a boxster owner and forum contributor and he owned a couple of 911's and said his boxster is the best Porsche he's ever owned.

So, if you thought your box was just your "starter" Porsche and you will "buy up" later, think again! Our cars rule.

I finally got to meet Jeph and hung out with him and Timothy last night and this morning for breakfast.

BTW, I was the only boxster there sporting speedster humps. I'm also willing to bet my car had more miles on it than any other boxster in the lineup.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #12

Had a GREAT time this weekend w/ the second group followed by the extended-extended route (only four of us made it - about 310 miles total, three Boxsters chasing a C4S).

I enjoyed meeting both Randall and FrayAdjacent (congrats btw on the hat and watch - sure wish it was the headers). Already looking forward to next year!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightbox
Had a GREAT time this weekend w/ the second group followed by the extended-extended route (only four of us made it - about 310 miles total, three Boxsters chasing a C4S).

I enjoyed meeting both Randall and FrayAdjacent (congrats btw on the hat and watch - sure wish it was the headers). Already looking forward to next year!

Same here man! The headers might have been neat... could have ended up with a swap for that S muffler!

I'm thinking I might put the watch on ebay... it's a nice watch, but it's bulky, and I don't like bulky watches. I would put the proceeds to the new top I'll be getting soon. Oh, and I checked the Robbin's site, the glass window tops are retrofit to pre 03 models with no modifications.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
I'm thinking I might put the watch on ebay... it's a nice watch, but it's bulky, and I don't like bulky watches.
Fray I'm quite disappointed I didn't get to meet you. You were among the minority "under 30" crowd. I wonder if I was one of the "boisterous" people at the Officer's Club you mentioned in your other post. I was the goofy red head playing pool in a light blue shirt.

In other Boxstoberfest news, my love for the Boxster (and Porsche) has confirmed that I am a PORSCHE guy, despite my former BMW dreams. And I enjoyed driving it hard. I was apprehensive that there would be some mechanical issues because I never take it on long trips. I only came from Dallas, while others came in from Kansas, Georgia, and such. My car is wonderful.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
Fray I'm quite disappointed I didn't get to meet you. You were among the minority "under 30" crowd. I wonder if I was one of the "boisterous" people at the Officer's Club you mentioned in your other post. I was the goofy red head playing pool in a light blue shirt.

In other Boxstoberfest news, my love for the Boxster (and Porsche) has confirmed that I am a PORSCHE guy, despite my former BMW dreams. And I enjoyed driving it hard. I was apprehensive that there would be some mechanical issues because I never take it on long trips. I only came from Dallas, while others came in from Kansas, Georgia, and such. My car is wonderful.

Ahh... I was in the shorts and white teeshirt with the white cap sitting near the pool table. I didn't even notice your car... didn't notice there was a hardtop in the group.

I would have loved my car more if I got to push it a little more... darn woman in front of me going slow!!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
I would have loved my car more if I got to push it a little more... darn woman in front of me going slow!!
With me, it was the lovely woman sitting next to me saying "go slower!"
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #17

You two should have joined Cody and I on the "extended-extended" run!! VERY hard run down 336 long after the others said "uncle." (and an extra 110 miles of fun)

btw...I think we were close to being the only other "sub 30" attendees.

I too am extremely impressed with my Boxster S after this weekend, 550 trouble free (yet punishing) miles over 16 hours going up and back from SA.

Fray, let me know if you want my S muffler. I am coming up to ACL this Friday and could toss it in the passenger seat. Good call on the Robbins top, I would LOVE to get one myself. Let me know when you get yours installed so I can see how it turns out.

Jeph, you mind shooting me a full-res copy of your pic above w/ the blue box in front of you on the curve?

Randall, that's why you leave her at home like the rest of us

Last edited by tightbox; 09-10-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #18

I was the second boisterous redhead playing pool and another sub-30 (barely). Wearing a black Guinness shirt and drinking the same. Next time we need to do a better job of raising the 986forum flag.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #19

We all had a great time. Anyone who thinks they live too far... bahhhhh humbug! We had folks there from Missouri (me) 758 miles one way, South Carolina, Wisconsin, ALASKA and I'm not sure where else!!! come on guys... bond with your car and come on down next year.

Everyone always says its not the cars.. its the people. For once I have to agree with the conventional wisdom. Gail and I met a ton of people this year and to a person, they were friendly, nice folks, out to have a good time and being quite successful at it. It was great to renew friendships and make new ones. Putting faces and personalities to the names here was interesting too!

We talked cars for three days, drove the poop out of them and, from everything I heard, not one incident or broken piece of machinery. Pretty unbelievable considering what we did with them AND the fact that there were over 70 Porsches participating. Lets see...73 X what....200? miles...over 14,000 miles of HARD driving and no breakdowns!! WOW (I guess there was a flat tire but that doesn't count)

Hey Fray.. that course you gave me was a TON of fun. If you guys get something together later in the year you MUST, MUST include old hwy 9 just outside Fredrieksburg on the route. I drove it south to north on Friday and north to south going to San Antonio on Sun morning. Its only about 15 miles long or so but if there was a toll booth at either end of that road, Porsche drivers would pay $50. I'm waiting for someone to send me a bill. What fun!

OH and congratulations on the watch. Sounds like a hardtop is in your future. From the looks of your rear window I'd say you need one! lol

Well.. I'm tired.. I literally just got in from the 12 hr drive from Austin and I'm going to bed. I'll re read this tomorrow and hopefully it will make sense.

See you all next year if not before

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #20

I was washing my car Sun. morning and a gentleman handed me a piece of paper with this forum information so I thought I would drop by. I was one of the Caymans at Boxstoberfest from Houston this past weekend and just wanted to let everyone know that it we had a great time and met some great folks

redwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote