View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #19
Bob O

We all had a great time. Anyone who thinks they live too far... bahhhhh humbug! We had folks there from Missouri (me) 758 miles one way, South Carolina, Wisconsin, ALASKA and I'm not sure where else!!! come on guys... bond with your car and come on down next year.

Everyone always says its not the cars.. its the people. For once I have to agree with the conventional wisdom. Gail and I met a ton of people this year and to a person, they were friendly, nice folks, out to have a good time and being quite successful at it. It was great to renew friendships and make new ones. Putting faces and personalities to the names here was interesting too!

We talked cars for three days, drove the poop out of them and, from everything I heard, not one incident or broken piece of machinery. Pretty unbelievable considering what we did with them AND the fact that there were over 70 Porsches participating. Lets see...73 X what....200? miles...over 14,000 miles of HARD driving and no breakdowns!! WOW (I guess there was a flat tire but that doesn't count)

Hey Fray.. that course you gave me was a TON of fun. If you guys get something together later in the year you MUST, MUST include old hwy 9 just outside Fredrieksburg on the route. I drove it south to north on Friday and north to south going to San Antonio on Sun morning. Its only about 15 miles long or so but if there was a toll booth at either end of that road, Porsche drivers would pay $50. I'm waiting for someone to send me a bill. What fun!

OH and congratulations on the watch. Sounds like a hardtop is in your future. From the looks of your rear window I'd say you need one! lol

Well.. I'm tired.. I literally just got in from the 12 hr drive from Austin and I'm going to bed. I'll re read this tomorrow and hopefully it will make sense.

See you all next year if not before

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote