Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #1

Sport Chrono/ PASM Question

With Boxsters equiped with Sport Chrono and PASM, can the Sport suspension setting of PASM be switched back to normal, after the Sport Chrono button is turned on? I know that they are two seperate buttons and by turning on Sport, both engine mapping and PASM is switched into Sport. But since PASM is a seperate button, I was wondering if it can be switched back to normal, while the Sport button is still engaged? I had both on my 2006 Boster S and I can't remember.
vincesf

vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #2

Yes, turn on SC and then turn off PASM
choeglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
bmussatti

Are we talking PSM (Porsche Stability Management) here or PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management)? Just for clarity, since these are sometimes a typo.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #4

I'm asking about PASM, and not PSM. The reason being, I was hoping that I can employ a normal suspension setting in conjunction with the sport mode. I know that by pressing Sport, PASM automatically sets to the Sport Mode as well, but was wondering if I press PASM again, whether it would turn back into the normal suspension mode, while Sport Chrono is still on.
vincesf
Old 09-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #5

My response was with regard to suspension. I'll try again: Activate the sport settings of sport chrono by pushing the sport button, you'll see the PASM light come on too. Push the PASM button to set suspension back to normal mode while retaining sport throttle mappings and stability mgt settings.
choeglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #6

Perfect, and it makes sense. I've just read threads where people insist that when enjoying Sports Chrono, that you had to do so with only the Sport Setting of PASM on. Obviously that was wrong and I appreciate you clearing that up for me.
vincesf
Old 12-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #7

Hmm. So what if you get a car that has the sport chrono but not PASM? Does the SC change only the PSM and throttle mapping?
zemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemmo
Hmm. So what if you get a car that has the sport chrono but not PASM? Does the SC change only the PSM and throttle mapping?
Zemmo, you are correct. This is my current set-up.