Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #1

anyone used Ultima Finish Care?

So I'm on the Autopia-CarCare mailing list, today i received one of their monthly emails, this one announcing they are dropping several brands of product (Meguiar's, Autoglym, Stoner) because their Ultima Finish Care product line is selling so well.

I never heard of the stuff, has anyone tried it?
One big claim is how little time it takes "You Simply Wipe It On, Then Walk Away!" Personally I kind of like spending a day detailing my car, and the effort usually pays off.

I have my doubts the final result is as nice as a day of clean, polishing and waxing...

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #2

I have used autoglym...bought it in australia while visiting but you can buy online. it is made in england. it's good stuff but i still like my favorite, zaino z2 (the other zaino stuff is a waste of money...dont shoot me..just my opinion). I also like rejex, which NASA uses. If someone can suggest something better than zaino or rejex for the price, i am open. BTW, zaino gives a very glossy finish but rejex seems to give a deeper shine but they are both great. i heard Klasse all-in-one is also great but a bit more expensive.
porschedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #3

I am also a confirmed Z2 user. I actually had a '94 911 owner in my neighborhood stop at my house to ask me what I used on my car...could'nt believe the shine. Not to hijack the thread but anyone got a comment on Z5? I just had the car professionally polished and ordered some Z5 to fill in the polisher lines. I plan to follow with Z2. Thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
bmussatti

I love the Zaino products...both Z2 and Z5.

The RejeX is great for leading edges like the front bumper and mirrors. Bugs wash off very easily. Also great for the wheels and wheel barrels.