Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #1

is this a good price for a 2007 Boxster S

looking at a dealer demo. It's a 2007 Boxster S, with 1,900 miles (supposedly it's the sales manager's demo) Car stickers for $63.3k and they will sell it to me for $54k. Is this a good price?

I was thinking about leasing it. On a 60 month lease with 12k miles a year, a total of $5k out of pocket, my payment would be $717 a month (this payment includes sales tax)

Is this a good lease payment?

thanks

G

RaceCarDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #2

Not sure about the pricing/payments, but I'd be wary of getting a "demo" car (I'm not really sure how a sales manager's demo is different from any other demo cars). These cars see a lot of wear, get driven real hard, at times by people who don't know how to shift... you get the picture. You will of course have warranty on your side, esp. if you are planning to keep the car for only a few yrs.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:48 AM   #3

I got a 04' BoxsterS demo with 7k miles. Imagine that! I got it about 40k and I asked for alot of information before. I drove the car multiple times. I ended up thinking there is a problem with the clutch 9 months after, so they replaced the whole thing for only 200$!

No problems what so ever, no check engine lights and nothing serious in the engine. I am planning on switching to a CaymanS in about 2 years so I think the car will run fine.

Yours only has 1900miles so along with warranty on your side you should be fine imo. Being a demo definitely allows you to think it has been driven bad and to its limits but its not always the case...
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
bmussatti

RCD, ask the dealership for a printout from the DME to see the type and number of over-revs, if any. I would also insist on an oil & filter change prior to taking ownership.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
bmussatti

As for the price, I don't think that is their "best deal". They are offering you just over a 14.5% discount. A 16-18% discount would be better.

$52,500 would be a better purchase price. 17% discount.

Then again, it is only a good deal if it is the color combo you desire, and has the right options for your needs.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
As for the price, I don't think that is their "best deal". They are offering you just over a 14.5% discount. A 16-18% discount would be better.

$52,500 would be a better purchase price. 17% discount.

Then again, it is only a good deal if it is the color combo you desire, and has the right options for your needs.

I do love the color and options but I am a little wary of buying a demo.

What would be a realistic discount on a brand new 07 S?
RaceCarDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
I do love the color and options but I am a little wary of buying a demo.

What would be a realistic discount on a brand new 07 S?
10%...give or take a couple % points.