Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 06:15 AM   #1

Rattle noise when window is down?

I notice when ever my driver's side window is in the down position, I hear a rattle like noise coming from inside the door. I bought my car used last year and was wondering if maybe the window had been broken and replaced? It doesn't do this when the window is in the up position. Has anyone had this happen to them, is this a common problem? Does anyone know what it may be?

porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I notice when ever my driver's side window is in the down position, I hear a rattle like noise coming from inside the door. I bought my car used last year and was wondering if maybe the window had been broken and replaced? It doesn't do this when the window is in the up position. Has anyone had this happen to them, is this a common problem? Does anyone know what it may be?
It could be a number of things. You'd need to get inside the door to find out. In my case, the dealer replaced the window regulator under warrenty when I had this problem.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #3

I have the same problem, but I haven't gotten into the door to find out what it is.

I have also noticed that my driver's window operates faster than my passenger window.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote