Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #21

Wow! Just as Im getting frustrated in not finding a Boxster yet, this thread suddenly comes alive. Im already considering getting an 05' C230 or an E46 cabrio, I guess its a sign for me to keep looking for a Boxster.

Jseller, looks like you got a great deal on a nice very low mileage car. It even has the nice shift knob and hand brake lever. I'd be tickled pink to find a car just like yours.

You're in OC? I found a car on Autotrader thats in Cost Mesa, I'm just not up to driving close to 100 miles round trip just to check it out.

Ive found about 4 or 5 cars I like but there is always a thing or two about them thats stopping me from pulling the trigger.

Car#1: 00' midnight blue on black, 37K miles, $21.5K obo, service history, great condition. But I'm not too crazy about the color combo, tad boring and I'd prefer a lighter exterior color so its easier to maintain. And its had 4 owners already.

Car#2: 01' lapis blue on gray, 38k miles, $19K, tip with nice tip shift knob and handbrake lever, white gauges, great condition, complete records, manuals, car cover, original window sticker, power seats with lumbar etc... 2nd owner. Was about to buy this one till a Carfax showed it had some kind of collision in 03'.

Car#3: 00' silver on gray, $19.5K obo, 35K miles, good condition, 1st owner, but no CD, no door speakers and only has 16" wheels. Has a bit more scuffs in the door handles and center console than the other cars.

Car#4: 00' silver on blue, full leather, $19.5K obo, 43K miles, interior in great condition, 1st owner, 17" sport classics, service history. But the owner showed me receipts of some body and paint work from fender benders. Even the hood and one of the headlights was replaced, must have been some fender bender.

Car#5: 00' midnight blue on cashmere, 36K miles, looks like its in good condition in the pics I got from the dealer. Plus it has 18" turbo look wheels and litronics. But I'm not too sure if I like the wood shifknob, handbrake lever and the surround around the radio and a/c control unit. Plus its 50 miles away from me.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, my search continues.

tracke30m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #22

Nice to know what they are going for. I am really close to putting mine on the market. Honestly I'm kinda tired of having to worry about it whenever I go anywhere with it, and with the bike now, I think I want to combine my truck and car into one good multipurpose vehicle. Anyone looking for a fully loaded S for 21k or so?

-David
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #23

How many miles on it?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #24

53,400 of the most fun miles this side of Italy.
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #25

Found an 02' Boxster, silver on Cashmere, 46K miles, completely stock except for a Nakamichi head unit and a pair of Rainbow separates speakers in custom enclosures behind the seats.

Car seems to be in pretty good shape, specially the interior, I will buy it for $20K if the PPI checks out ok.

My concern is, the car is being sold by a guy here in LA who says the owner of the car is his cousin from San Francisco, his cousin apparently owes him money so the car is part of the payment. The seller showed me the car's pink slip which already has his cousin's signature.

Is there a way I can verify the pink slip with the DMV that there are no problems with the car? Meaning its not stolen or anything and that the signature on the pink slip is indeed of the registered owner from SF.

I also did a Carfax on it, though there are no issues with the car, the Carfax does seem "empty", not alot of info in it. Basically it just shows the car being bought from the dealership and titled by the first owner in IL, then the first owner moved to CA, then the car was sold and titled to the current owner in SF 1.5yrs ago. There were no records in between that period, no records of being serviced or anything. The car also did 19k miles in that 1.5yrs, seller says its because his cousin would drive from SF to LA often.

The seller does not have any service records for the car, neither does the owner from SF.

Last edited by tracke30m3; 08-19-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #26

If I were you I would have the plates and vin run by the police.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #27

Thanks.

This may sound stupid, but how do I go about doing that?

I'm new here (USA) so I'm not really sure how to.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracke30m3

This may sound stupid, but how do I go about doing that?
Look in your phone book and find the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Call them up and tell them the situation and ask if they could assist you in running the information you're after.

I bought my 01' Boxster with 22K miles for $22K. Isn't fully loaded but, it has some of the more appealing factory options except PSM, I wish it had that.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #29

Wow, sounds like you got a great deal.