Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Luxury Motors experience.

I went and got the oil changed on Saturday at Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, where I bought my Box. First off the manager working that day was really nice. He got me in and out in about an hour. While up on the lift I asked him if the mechanic could look at the front axle. Every so often I feel a bit of a thumping, and I can't tell what it is from.

While my fiance was eyeing an Aston Martin DB9 and I was checking out a GT2 (anyone want to loan me $65k?) the service guy comes up and asks me to take a ride with the mechanic to see if we can duplicate the thumping. We take off and the first thing he says is how impressed he is with the car. I looked at him sideways and said, "really?" because this guy works on Bentleys, Astons, and other really expensive cars. He said, yeah, its rare he sees a car in such good condition and says its refreshing to see an owner taking good care of his car. I was a bit surpised and asked about the Bentleys that come in. He said he sees some real trashed Bents and Porsches all the time, and its a real shame. I agreed with him there.

He went on to compliment the AVIC D3 I have and asked how much the install was. I told him I did it myself (I made a new faceplate with stretched vinyl, getting rid of the plastic one...pics to come soon).

In the end we couldn't get any thump so he said if it ever happens again bring it back. When we got back to the dealership the paperwork for the oil change was ready (3 signatures?). $145 less in my bank account, but I was smiling on the way out from the compliment by the mechanic.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
a guy that is going to school with me, his uncle owns LM, hes really nice, and they really are all nice there.
glad u weren't disappointed.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #3

I think I met him. Middle-aged Euro guy, very friendly, right? He came up and shook my hand when I bought my Boxster.

I've heard negative things about LM, but I've had nothing but positive experiences there. The staff treats me well even though I bought one of their "cheap" cars.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #4

*out of topic*
hey, chills...im digging your new sig! it's flipping awesome
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker
*out of topic*
hey, chills...im digging your new sig! it's flipping awesome

Thanks, UK. I wish I could take credit for the picture, but a friend of mine from chicagolandsportbikes.com took it. He waited until the sun was low along the horizon and then just started shooting.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 AM   #6

I looked there when I was searching for my Boxster and they pulled the old bait and switch... "Yeah, we have that yellow Boxster right here!!!" Then you go the next day and they are like "yeah, we just sold it... but look at these other ones". Plus they didn't seem to interested in selling me a "low end" car. I found their cars to be way over priced as well and the shape they were in was questionable... no records etc etc. I stayed away from them...
But that's just my experience...
bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #7

My experience was not that great. Had my heart set on the exact car I now own, but they would only give me $11,500 for my trade in. KBB.com valued it at $13,200. He said if I get anyone to give me a better trade in to take it. So I did. The other dealer that I got the Box from gave me $13,500 with just the VIN and some emailed pics.

The salesman at LM was nice, the "closer" was kind of an ass. I told him I wanted to be here at $XX,XXX for a difference of about $1600. He barely budged from what the price of the car was on the website. I told him I had already got $XX,XXX ok'd from the bank and could go no more, so he told me to put that extra $1600 on my credit card! I let my girlfriend finish her glass of chardonnay and walked. I fully intended to drive off with the new Box that day, I guess they wouldn't have been able to pay the electric bill taking a huge "hit" like that.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #8

Bought my box there...questionable as to why so many cars dont have ANY records/manuals with them.

Great price though on my box and very reasonable on my trade at the time. You just need to get past the high flying salespeople, euro music thumping in the background, and hype they bring to make you feel "special". If your not comfortable you can just walk away!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:55 AM   #9

That's too bad there are so many horror stories from this place. When I bought my car they did try to dick me over on my trade in, but I held firm because I knew what it was worth and I got what I wanted in the end.

As for paperwork, I got every manual and piece of paper that every was issued with my Boxster, including the original window sticker.

I'd buy from them again only if they dealt with me fairly like they did when buying my Box.