View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Chills

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Luxury Motors experience.

I went and got the oil changed on Saturday at Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, where I bought my Box. First off the manager working that day was really nice. He got me in and out in about an hour. While up on the lift I asked him if the mechanic could look at the front axle. Every so often I feel a bit of a thumping, and I can't tell what it is from.

While my fiance was eyeing an Aston Martin DB9 and I was checking out a GT2 (anyone want to loan me $65k?) the service guy comes up and asks me to take a ride with the mechanic to see if we can duplicate the thumping. We take off and the first thing he says is how impressed he is with the car. I looked at him sideways and said, "really?" because this guy works on Bentleys, Astons, and other really expensive cars. He said, yeah, its rare he sees a car in such good condition and says its refreshing to see an owner taking good care of his car. I was a bit surpised and asked about the Bentleys that come in. He said he sees some real trashed Bents and Porsches all the time, and its a real shame. I agreed with him there.

He went on to compliment the AVIC D3 I have and asked how much the install was. I told him I did it myself (I made a new faceplate with stretched vinyl, getting rid of the plastic one...pics to come soon).

In the end we couldn't get any thump so he said if it ever happens again bring it back. When we got back to the dealership the paperwork for the oil change was ready (3 signatures?). $145 less in my bank account, but I was smiling on the way out from the compliment by the mechanic.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote