Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 04:02 AM   #21
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxalexxxx
to each his own but dont drive while under influece because that can cause accidents to happen where people get hurt.
Agreed. If you're gonna smoke pot, veg out, and get the munchies, go ahead- knock yourself out...it's your body. But please do it in the privacy of your own home, where you don't risk hurting anyone else. If you must get your jollies by driving while smoking weed, go play a driving video game at home instead, for Pete's sake.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:05 AM   #22

Unbelievable...the fact that there is a discussion about this shows the ignorance of the average person. Driving under the influence, whether it be alcohol or any drug, is monumentously stupid, and I have no tolerance or sympathy for anyone who does. I had a colleague of mine get plowed into by a 20-something year old girl under the influence who ran a red light. He broke his neck, but luckily didn't lose function of his arms and legs and is doing well now. I wonder how many of you who sit there and type their smug remarks about how "weed is not as bad as alcohol" blah, blah, blah - would feel when one of their loved ones is killed by a driver under the influence. There was a local radio show recently here in the NYC area where I was floored by how many people were calling in complaining about the DUI blood limit and how they can drive well after drinking a few. Unfortunately, it's not the people who DUI who get killed, it's the innocent bystanders.
GmanMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanMD
Unbelievable...the fact that there is a discussion about this shows the ignorance of the average person. Driving under the influence, whether it be alcohol or any drug, is monumentously stupid, and I have no tolerance or sympathy for anyone who does. I had a colleague of mine get plowed into by a 20-something year old girl under the influence who ran a red light. He broke his neck, but luckily didn't lose function of his arms and legs and is doing well now. I wonder how many of you who sit there and type their smug remarks about how "weed is not as bad as alcohol" blah, blah, blah - would feel when one of their loved ones is killed by a driver under the influence. There was a local radio show recently here in the NYC area where I was floored by how many people were calling in complaining about the DUI blood limit and how they can drive well after drinking a few. Unfortunately, it's not the people who DUI who get killed, it's the innocent bystanders.

+1. It is incredibly stupid to drive under the influence of any drug or alcohol.

There is absolutely no reason to drive under the influence. Only morons do it and they need to stay off the road.

I was rear-ended by a drunk driver and was hospitalized. The ******************** fled the scene, but I got her license plate. Her dumbass ended up in jail for a while.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg

Last edited by Chills; 06-24-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #24

A stupid question that merits no answer. Duh!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #25

that's risky..... it's inevitable you're going to drop a roach on the leather seats and leave an ugly burn mark or two.... LOL