Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
Warped Sol, the issues vary and there is no one thread that talk about all of the problems that can occur but the RMS and Engine problem thread is similar.
Ohhh yes, the never ending RMS problem... No point of expounding on this topic since it's a well known fact... ALL 986s and 996s are prone to the RMS leaks due to a casting/design flaw from the factory. IMO, if it doesnt leak in the 1st 45k mi.- you are pretty much safe (FYI, most RMS leaks occurs in the 1st 45k miles.). Dont let a well maintained-higher mileage 986 sway you from buying.

spine911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos
-- the rear trunk often runs warm so it is ideal for casseroles or defrosting meat (j/k), not perisible food or a computer.
Yes, there's a very famous thread on this board about a member who transported ice cream in the rear trunk...never good.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #23

I drive mine to work everyday and love it, makes me want to leave early and take the pass instead of the freeway! And just drove to vegas and back, very comfortable, very fun, you should not miss the chance to have one of your own!!!!!
and my golf clubs fit in the back!!!!!!
later
rockbox
rockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #24

I drive my Boxster every day unless the conditions are totally ridiculous. I do, however, put snows on it from Nov - Mar. If you get one of those infamous Dallas ice storms, you will need to put it away for a day or two. Otherwise you should have no problems using it daily (other than what has already been mentioned).

I would recommend Boardwalk Porsche in Plano. Very professional people who don't waste your time. My salesperson was Davis Speight. Wouldn't hurt to check them out. Say HI for me.

Terry

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote