Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #1

Can anybody suggest a solid and reputable Extended Warranty Company?

Hi,

Just found this forum, and I am about to pick up my new 2001 Boxster-S this Sunday... 6-speed, 32,000 miles.

I can not wait.

Can anybody suggest a solid and reputable Extended Warranty Company?

(BTW, really enjoyed all of the postings regarding the S2K vs Boxster, and came to realize that the Boxster is the decision from the heart, and that I will "just deal" with anything that comes my way.)

Thanks in advance,

- Richard

rphoebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #2

I had one with a shady company called CWS. I opted for installment payments. After they refused to cover a $4 part I canceled the contract/stoped paying.

Call Warranty Direct. Very well regarded but pricey. They recently stopped covering the 996 Carrera engine in certain states.
Or stop by your local Porsche dealer and ask what they offer.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to dmenn
My Porsche dealer offered EasyCare and it's been great so far.

I've used it for a torn CV boot and the Air Bag Light Technical Service Bulletin (module, seat belt buckles, wiring harness).
dmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #4

I have Warranty Direct. For the coverages provided, I found them to be the most reasonable in cost. Check with your dealer, also. Although you'll be limited to where you can get your car fixed.
Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
I looked into a bunch of warranty programs and I learned a lot about the gimmicks and scams that are out there. Whatever you do make certain that the coverage you get includes seals and gaskets as well as wear and tear. Otherwise, the warranty will not cover leaks or worn parts until it is either completely broken or fails. Both seals and parts on our cars wear and your warranty needs to address that.

From my experience the best or most comprehensive is the Porsche easycare warranty that you get straight from the dealer. However, I got a quote of $7000 from Braman Porsche in West Palm Beach. Braman is known for ripping off its customers so it would not surprise me if the actual cost for this warranty is less than what they quoted me.

Warranty Direct is about as close to a full dealership warranty coverage you can get as it includes seals as well as wear and tear. Their coverage is excellent and is quite reasonable considering what you get.

I got my warranty from smart auto warranty / carchex. I bought my warranty from this company because the representative took the time to educate me about the different warranty packages and scams that are out there. I settled on the API premier plus that includes coverage for seals and gaskets as well as wear and tear. I think I paid something like $2500 for a 3 year 36000 mile warranty and they let me finance it with 0% interest for the year. So far this coverage has paid for the replacement of the mass air flow sensor and is currently going to pay for the replacement of the rear wheel bearing for the rear passenger side. It has a $100 deductible and it will pay for the car rental as well.

The guy who got me my warranty was excellent and he deals with many warranty and warranty programs besides the one that I got. If you want to talk to him, just PM me and I get you his contact information.

ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote