Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
boggtown

Lucky

I got my boxster about 10 monthes and 12,000 miles ago and the only thing ive done besides one oil change was a dirty MAF sensor when I first bought it. Had it cleaned and its been good since. No leaks, no hassles, no electrical demons, no leaks (into the cockpit), no top troubles, no rips, no flat tires (doesnt really count but hey, im on a role). All original paint (except the GT3 front bumper, diffusers, side skirts, and bumperettes), the interior is 97% perfect, and the engine pulls strong. Im a happy camper and im glad to have had a trouble free ownership. Im getting ready to do the 90K mile service (only service not going to be documented in the maintenence history booklet because im doing it myself) and hope to run it till it can't run no more. If everything goes to hell tomorrow, which it could, Im just thankful it made it this far. Good luck to you all as well.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 AM   #2

I bought my 2000 boxster last summer with 42K on it, now its at 61K and I would guess if I had not started messing around with it, I would not have had any issues with mine at all over that time. But when I entered the wonderful world of modding the car I got experinece with replaceing MAF's, oxygen sensors, code readers and chasing CEL's. I guess that tells you something about mods, maybe not the most practical thing to do to the car, but fun....

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
I would guess if I had not started messing around with it, I would not have had any issues with mine at all over that time.
You and me both brother!