Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #1

201 Silver Boxster S with 43,000 miles for $25k. Need your advice

How about this one guys. I love the color combination with the silver, grey interior and grey top. The price is $25,900 but I negotiated $25k. Is that a good price for an S.

Go to this dealer website to see over 30 pictures and the description and please let me know your thoughts, good or bad. www.raycoeuro.com. It's a high end used car dealership in Wilkes Barre, PA. About 45 minutes from me.

You have all helped me so far and I'm just trying to be very selective. I would love to step up to an S but other than more zip with horsepower, is there really a big difference between a nice base and an S that still has the partial leather interior? I mean, asthetics are basically the same and for someone who is looking for their first Porsche, does it really matter?

Thanks as always Paul

icedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
boxsterz

For me, PSM was madatory (really nice in the rain, and testing limits, plus you can turn it off), you can't affordably add it later. The S was also a must, considering you get better suspension, brakes, 6 speed tranny, AND motor for about 5k difference (used). I really like the torque down low and I often short shift and skip gears to save gas when I'm not winding it out.

It's really up to you how important those features are... But for me, 5k was a bargain for all the extras.

$25k for 41k mi. car is not a bad deal for a well kept clean car. I think that is slightly below market. Personally I don't think that one will last too long. My .02¢
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #3

Paul: If you don't think there's any difference - many simply don't care - between std. and S; then save your $$. I have friends that would throw the top down in 40f. weather and simply drive ..they don't race or pretend to at stoplights. They simply want a really cool car. There's got to be a ton of std. '01's w/40k... where you could paint the calipers red.

Others - I'm guilty - are more tuned to the nuance ..to paper trails ..to options ..to some 'optimum' obtainable for the money. Even the tires can be 'Porsche rated' or simply skins to pass inspection.

Again, it depends on your personality. If you're anal, then discovering all the goodies on an S - after buying a Std. - may amplify Buyer's Remorse. If not, then no matter which version - you may never have any remorse.

j i m
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #4

Thanks. I just want to know if the price is good?

Is that negotiated price of $25k a good deal for that car?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedude
Is that negotiated price of $25k a good deal for that car?

Hi,

It's not bad, but I'd push for $24.5. The best deal on their Lot seems to be the Audi 1.8 Turbo TT Cab though, it'd be hard to choose between either for the price...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #6

I don't like the interior of the Audi TT's

Not my cup of tea
Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #7

I like the car... for me, I wouldnt buy it because there arent litronics... that was a must have for me. Also it has just the base leather, not full from what I can see and no PSM. The wheels by the pix look like they have some curb rash and the seats look a little dingy. I like the color combo though....

Have you seen the car in person?
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #8

...you can find out how reasonable the deal is by doing comps. generally you should compare yours to similar items available for sale on the market at the same time, and you'd subtract $3 - $4k for every year you go backward. For example, i found a 2002 S with 45k miles for $28k

http://www.import-connection.com/cars/2002%20Porsche%20Box%20S%2045k.htm

so that'd effectively price yours at $25k. So i'd say a reasonable deal, but definitely not a bargain.

hope this helps.

Maxodus is offline   Reply With Quote