Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #1

Ideas for getting Boxster to Virginia?

So I called U-haul and asked about renting a car hauler to get the Boxster out to Virginia. From Colorado to Virginia it's about $680. For that type of dough, I am considering buying a flat bed. The problem is most of the trailers are about $2500 or so for a new one. Finding a used one is hard to do around here. I have also contemplated hiring a truck to take it but they all seem shady. I read all the horror stories about someone not getting their car for 3 months or it being damaged and I can't bring myself to do it. Does anyone else have any suggestions??

SigmaPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
boxsterz

Try an auto shipper w/ enclosed trailer. I shipped my box coast to coast for about $1,400 (open trailer), and they took 6 days.

Don't know if I'd use them again because I think they bent ALL my jacking points slightly when they secured the vehicle to the transporter. Upon arrival I see them, and they are all kids out of Russia, and would not release the car until I signed the waiver... I didn't want to file a claim and have them sit on the car, so I just ate it.

I used them because they were direct, no tranfer points.

If you go this route, 3k should get you a premium mover. Make sure whoever moves it that they tie it down by the wheels. Get it in writing.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Travis
A friend of mine used FedEx to ship his Boxster from California to Texas and paid about $1200.00 (covered transport).

I was the one that took delivery of the car and was impressed with the setup/service.

Here is the link for instant quote.

http://passport.fedex.com/

Good luck.

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote