Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #1

new guy with long distance buy question

Hi all, new here so I'll try not to be long-winded.
Just sold my G35 coupe and am jonesing for a convertable. Found what I think to be the boxster that is perfect for me but it is in So Cal and I am in Salt Lake. Carfax is clear (for what they are worth) but would like to make sure the best I can that she is clean so I can just fly in and take a sweet drive home.
I am planning on having the owner take it to the dealer he uses and do a PPI or something close to it. She has 17,500 miles and owner has had 20,000 check up done a little early, would that be enough? I am also hoping to give VIN to local dealer to see if they have any info on the car. Anything else?

Thanks for any input

PWebRPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #2

Tell ya what I know

Carfax, make sure it didnt come from Louisiana.
Check for oil leaks
Check the top and make sure it goes up and down perfectly.. if it is bent, you will have trouble.

Take it to a Porsche mechanic and have him put the code reader on it. The history will come up sometimes and let you know what is going on.

Take the car key and lock the door with the remote. if the car chirps then there is a problem with the system, like door open, glove box open etc....or there is a bigger problem.

Porsche is not suppose to make a sound when the alarm is turn on...unlike american cars that chirp or beep when you turn them on...

Thats all I know...Everything else is material in nature...what are you willing to live with..

Dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote