Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #1

Talking ’01 Boxster S - Car Alarm Woes

All,

My car alarm acts weird. Neither of the car key buttons work to disable it nor do the trunk/hood release buttons on the key work either. So I’m forced to unlock the doors manually via the key (left/right turn to unlock/lock). Once I open the door I have like 15 sec before the alarm goes off, seems kind of quick but I assume this is a default setting. Once I insert the key into the ignition all seems fine. However, when I press the “key-button” on the console there’s a delay before the doors unlock. As well, I have to press it a few times in order to unlock the gas tank. Is there a trick here or something I’m missing?

I would appreciate any feed back.

Thanks!!!!

PBXJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #2

Hi,

It's probably a trip to the Dealer as the system is programmed with the PST2. You may have a faulty Alarm Module (again, Dealer can confirm) - has your cars interior gotten wet? Feel the floor under the Drivers seat. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:41 AM   #3

I'd second what Jim says... the alarm/remote entry module is not responding to your keys.

Do the keys flash the red light when you hit any of the buttons? If not, you could just have dead batteries. WalMart + CR2032 = happy remote.

If the batteries are fine, you'll likely need to have the alarm control module reprogrammed. I have HEARD that it's not good if you do not have at least ONE key/remote that works.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #4

Gents,

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a trip to the dealer to address the key/alarm problem. The floor under the driver seat is bone dry, so I'm not sure what caused this problem. I recently bought the car and didn't notice this issue until last week. Let me know if there's anything else I should look for.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #5

Talking

More on this topic:

I just read the following:

"Locking Function - If you do not drive your Boxster for 7 days, the car automatically disables the remote receptivity function to save the battery. So, if your Boxster is a garage queen, you’ll have to manually unlock the driver’s side with the key and put it in the ignition and turn the car to the accessory position to turn this function back on"

Resource: http://www.iwantaporsche.net/BoxsterInfo.htm

Where is that position for the key, left or right turn?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #6

Accessory position is one click clockwise... basically that first stop where your stereo and other things come on, but all the dash idiot lights stay off. One more click is the 'run' position, and further is the 'start' position.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote