Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
I know investing, saving, or burying the money is the right thing to do, but when it's free it seems like I need immediate gratification.

Max
It is the right thing to do....and we are on the same page about it! I could have save the bonus & refund money I got this year, but instead I splurge by buying clothes, shoes and Guitar Hero II w/ 2 wireless guitar for my kids, take them out every weekend for dinner, bought my self 2 watches (Invicta and Tissot) and the best part is I bought my wife a set of Gucci bag and new set of wheels for the Boxster...really, I could have save it but..the time wife and I spend with my kids during dinner @ restaurant and rocking it almost everynight playing Guitar hero are priceless...but that's just me
*I recommend watching the movie "The Family Man and The Click" since it looks like you are just starting to have a family

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #22

I'm not telling you what to do but this what I would do...

Sell BMW, buy stocks. namely apple my buddy has six iphones coming to him in june. He says they have sold out 5 million units between 400-600 a piece just on this first wave. Not enough product and too many buyers is going to create a huge buzz I'm sure you'll see the Iphones on Ebay selling for $1200 a piece. So it will become the thing to have for the holidays. Those first sales figures will be reported end of third quarter. With more phones on the way. Surely the holiday sales will show a further increas in revenue making it two successive quarters of increased revenues. Me thinks there is going to a increase in share price, just a hunch call me crazy. My position has dobled since last 4th of July. If you don't like common stock well then there's ETF's, emerging market funds, great movement in the Euro on forex, lots going on... with all that extra BMW cash in my pocket I would be salivating...

cars are nice but making money is nicer.

p.s.
Congrats you lucky dog!!!!!! Best thing I ever won was a starbucks card for $10.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-14-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
... but when it's free it seems like I need immediate gratification.
I don't quite get this reasoning. $ is $ and nothing in life is free. You will have random things (opportunities) falling into your lap, but also random trouble and unexpected bad luck falling onto your head. By all means, the ride is there to be enjoyed but also make sure you build yourself a nice car for the long haul. By investing a dollar in a global stock index, you employ every worker on this planet to work for you. The more dollars you invest the more workers you hire to work for your benefit. Or you can always buy a chewing gum with that $1, instead. Your choice. Btw, overall how gratifying has immediate gratification been so far?
Z.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #24

well maxferran since you posted your lucky windfall our little Apple stock has gone up up up.

sooo....Perfectlap gets out calculator....selling the 2007 Z4 for $18K the week of April 17th 2007 would have gotten you 200 AAPL shares @ $90.
Now that its about to surpass the $120 mark (before the iphone..gulp)
The sale of that Z4 for apple stock would have been a increase of $6,000 in a little over a month.
I wonder how much the now $24K will be in a year when the capital gains rate kicks in.
p.s.
I'm going to update this thread periodically..

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote