Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
so heres that body kit again...molded in

so now hes stuck with it, lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-S-PORSCHE-BOXSTER-S-with-TIPTRONIC-TRANSMISSION_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6015QQihZ0 07QQitemZ170099943618QQrdZ1

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #2

Man, that is just god awful. I remember the silver one posted awhile back. Makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

Last edited by Adam; 04-12-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
whats up with that "bidder 1" and "bidder 2" stuff in the bid history, is that a what it lookslike when the bidder history is set to Private? makes me think its a scam.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
boggtown

Dang, you beat me to it, I had it copied to my clip board and was gonna make a thread about this car. Its recockulously low (and its not even lowered). Itd be scraping if it was lower... sitting still.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #5

yeah that crap is horrible looking

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #6

Hi,

He also lists Tiptronic S Cars to be "1 in 25" (4%) when in reality, Boxster production has been split 50/50 (50%) between the Manual and Tiptronic S transmissions since Production began in 1995...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
whats up with that "bidder 1" and "bidder 2" stuff in the bid history, is that a what it lookslike when the bidder history is set to Private? makes me think its a scam.
That's a new ebay policy to try and protect bidders from people seeing them bid on an item and then email them to tell them they are selling a similar product "outside" of eBay for less.

You see the names if you are the seller or if you are bidding on the item yourself.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:17 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I don't see what's so bad about the body kit. I like it. It looks much better than that CGT kit we saw a while back.

Dude needs to de-amber the tail lights, though.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #9

From the pictures it looks like a clean job. As for the body kit itself, well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

-aren
aren040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #10

This car looks hype. Very clean job. That silver one that was posted a couple of weeks back had issues. i think the fact that this guy moulded the kit in...it looks amazing.

i think i might re-consider putting on my rear piece. i have the same rear lip that this guy put on, but have been hesitant to put it on. also will cost a lot, because i want to moulded into the rear bumper like this guy did.
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #11

That plastic wood interior kit looks like garbage.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:58 AM   #12

Ive been hesitant to comment on some of DJOMLAS's threads....rather biting my tongue. I know we are supposed to be nice in here, and these are only opinions, but he seems to think he has the best looking BOX on the planet!! he is always making negative comments about everyone elses, when he has the most hideous looking box I have ever seen...SEAFOAM GREEN!!!!! Sometimes its better to keep your comments to yourself. Sorry Brucelee, couldnt hold back for one more thread.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 AM   #13

Ewww, that fake wood on the dash looks HORRIBLE.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986speedster
Ive been hesitant to comment on some of DJOMLAS's threads....rather biting my tongue. I know we are supposed to be nice in here, and these are only opinions, but he seems to think he has the best looking BOX on the planet!! he is always making negative comments about everyone elses, when he has the most hideous looking box I have ever seen...SEAFOAM GREEN!!!!! Sometimes its better to keep your comments to yourself. Sorry Brucelee, couldnt hold back for one more thread.
how do u figure that i think that i have the best box?
my car is freaking stock man.
i think that what you really meant to say is that you think that the color of my car is the most hidious color, not the most hidious car, couse my car looks the same as every other stock boxster on here, just different color.

if i dont like something i say it out right, to you.. to a original poster... to my GF... to my mother...thats just the way i am, and i actually appreciate you saying that.
i am not trying to start anythign with anyone, and when people post something on the internet they expect comments, otherwise they wouldnt post it, i dont see why you would be scared to say what you really mean?

so if someone were to post a picture of a boxster with a honda aluminum wing and some neons and lambo doors and an ugly body kit, what are we sopposed to all say that it looks nice? i dont think so... say what you mean, why would you lie?
at the end of the day its your car and you make the ultimate decision what you want to do with it, or what color you want it to be, or what kind of a bodykit you want to put on it, its all personal preference.

btw, have you ever seen a car with my color in person? just curious....(but please do tell the truth, since youre on a roll now)

Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #15

Actually i've been hesitant also....and have stooped to low levels only because other's feel it is okay to comment on things that they don't like......

sooo i wanted to say it before and i guess i get to say it now.....that sticker on the back of your car dj on the spoiler...looks dumb....i think you might want to consider a porsche decal or something in english....ruins the rear end of the car.

now this is only my opinion and probably wasnt even worth saying. but i guess that's my point. really wasnt worth it to criticise you, because i have nothing against you. but i guess if you can pick on others, then you should be picked on also..........
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #16

seriously, i dont think that saying what you mean is putting yourself to a low level at all...its a just what you think.
but if you think so thats fine.

and as for the decal, i dont know why you dont like it, i got many compliments on it and people asking wher i got it couse they all want to get the same thing, so i guess thats just personal preference.
i only have 2-3 pictures of my car with the spoiler up, as i dont even like how the car looks like with it raised, but i dont like it looking plan either so i wanted something different/original from every other one saying porsche or boxster

bo be honest, i never even noticed that untill you 2 pointed it out now, couse thats just the way i am, i say what i think, although sometimes that may be what everyone else is thinking, but sometimes it may not, but its still just my opinion.
everytime i post something up its not to piss people off, so if i did i apologize, but that just how i am.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #17

DJ..i give you 2 thumbs up for the way you're handling it! Very cool..waaaay cool!
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
DJ, your handling this better than i could have.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #19

I agree.

I would have flipped out and attacked in a storm of rage by now..

Good job, dj. You're a good guy

And I like your Box.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #20

Not something I'd do or have myself, but I also don't think it looks that bad...

jtucker is offline   Reply With Quote