Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #1

anyone in NorthEast wanna auto-x?

Sunday April 1st I am going to my second autocross from www.motorsportsne.com

The last one was Sunday the 25th.

The first 6-7 cars to show up were all Porsches. There was a 914 race car, a 914/6, a 944 S, a 928 S, a Cayman, a Cayman S, a 964 911, a 964 911 racecar, a heavily moddied 964 911, a 993, a 996 gt3 and a 997 S.

There was also a caterham super 7 with whom I made very good friends with

Anyways, I am going w/ my friend in his Miata and would like to invite some of you guys

Sunday April 1st

It will be held @ Giants Stadium. Site opens at 7 am. Registrations is from 7:30-9:15, but I recommend getting there early and registering so you don't have to wait in line.

End time is around 4:30

Cost for non-members is $40.

You do 4 runs first & a practice run, then after another group of classes goes, you do another 4 runs.

If you are interested, here's what to do:

>>>>> www.motorsportsne.com

>>>>> register an account and subscribe to a club in the dropdown menu (motorsports NE. This does not mean you are registering for the club, but it's necessary to pick a club)

>>>>> Go to 'my garage' and fill in your info. Pick any # for your car. A 987 is BB. 987 S is AA. 986 S is probably B and 986s are probably C. Just pick any class. Doesn't matter.

>>>>> Go to 'events calendar' and click 'register for this event' icon for April 1st autocross.

Well, if anyone is interested, I will be in the black Boxster, so please just come up and say hi to me. I'm really friendly in person! I promise!

PS: There's also one the following Sunday on the 8th

Thanks

Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #2

I don't autox much these days but I want to venture out to see how the Caymans look out on the course. That club in particular is usually very competitve The NJ SCCA events at Englishtown more so, when compared to the Porsche and BMW clubs.

FYI-- the NNJ PCA club and the Princeton Porsche dealership is having "a one lap shoot out" and the car provided by the dealership may be a CaymanS. Last year Ray Catena sent over two CaymanS but one member promptly put a nail in one of the tires before even the first lap was taken! The thing is to get a spot in the shoot out you have to attend a PCA member non-driving event or email the Autocross director Howard Mintz. I think there is a hefty entry fee but you get a nice trophy if you place top three. check the site NNJ PCA AutoX

p.s.
That last course design was way short! I don't think I've seen a FTD of 36 seconds at Giants Stadium. A good course for a 1st timer for sure.

this is a good site to bookmark
http://www.autox4u.com/
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.

I heard Metro PCA is hosting an event the same day for the snowed out event earlier in the month.

Anyways, if you'd like to go, it'd be fun Everyone is really friendly. I went by myself and made quite a few friends.

You can see my car on that score sheet...class B...all the way at the bottom lol (actually I placed above 3 people)

The reason the time was so low is because it was kind of an easy course. There was not many hard turns and winds.