Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #1

Photoshop request

could someone give the boxster the same paint and wheel setup as the gallardo! thanks in advance!

Seubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #2

here you go....

Last edited by idheaton; 03-28-2007 at 01:13 PM.
idheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #3

WOW! That Boxster look awesome....
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
cartagena

That is cool. I could not draw a stick-man with photoshop.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #5

nicly done id.

That is an atractive color on the box, it's no General Lee, but still real nice . I like the second take on the sceem.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #6

ummmmm actually not a fan of that orange! I saw another boxster posted on this site that was orange and stunning...
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
bmussatti

The color orange ROCKS! Here is an old thread about orange cars:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8036&highlight=orange
Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
boggtown

Sorry, but lamborghini orange is trademarked. Unless you own a lambo, your out of luck, or in my friends case... your dad owns the lambo dealership, lol.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #9

That color orange it way to bright! If you were racing all of the time on a track I could understand the color on your car, but you should think about the newer matalic colors being used called "Burnt Orange". The new PORSCHE Targa comes in this type of color. So do some of the newer 350 Z cars. That car orange that is on your porsche reminds me to much of FAST & FURIOUS. Way to ricey.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 03-28-2007 at 12:54 PM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #10
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Sorry, but lamborghini orange is trademarked. Unless you own a lambo, your out of luck, or in my friends case... your dad owns the lambo dealership, lol.
I don't get this "Lambo orange trademark". You can get any color paint you want. Right? The name might be trademarked...but not the actual color. Please explain. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I don't get this "Lambo orange trademark". You can get any color paint you want. Right? The name might be trademarked...but not the actual color. Please explain. Thanks.

Nope. He is right about the trade mark colors. I work for Interstate Batteries and we have our green color trademarked. It looks allot like Kawasaki green. Which is to say, that if you search around hard enough, you can most likely find a paint color that is NOT trade marked but looks like a close enough match.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #12

If I go to my paint supplier, they will scan and reproduce any color I bring in. In the case of one of my MGs, I didn't even know what the color was. They scanned it and matched it perfectly. If I brought them an Interstate Battery, they would scan it and match it. If I brought them an orange Lambo, they'd scan it and match it as well.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
If I go to my paint supplier, they will scan and reproduce any color I bring in. In the case of one of my MGs, I didn't even know what the color was. They scanned it and matched it perfectly. If I brought them an Interstate Battery, they would scan it and match it. If I brought them an orange Lambo, they'd scan it and match it as well.
Yes, your right. Most places can match ANY color. I was just saying that they do actually trade mark colors for companies. Even paint colors. Its stupid. Especially when you find out how much money the company spent to have that color trade marked.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #14
bmussatti

Quote:
EXACTLY. And Coke has a match for Pepsi...and Pepsi had a match for Coke! Now, Coke can't make it & sell it and call it Pepsy, nor can Pepsi do the same and call it Koke!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #15

Thanks all for the comments ...good and bad...

new additions closer to burnt orange and less halloween orange in my initial post...

In regards to trademarked colors, all it takes is one digit +/- on the RGB scale or Pantone chart and you have visually the same color but not the trademarked one. Although, I would guess, even if you used the same exact color, unless you are in a competing business to the company that uses that color and using it in a similar way they probably aren't going to make a big deal of it.

Last edited by idheaton; 03-28-2007 at 01:41 PM.
idheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
EXACTLY. And Coke has a match for Pepsi...and Pepsi had a match for Coke! Now, Coke can't make it & sell it and call it Pepsy, nor can Pepsi do the same and call it Koke!

hahahahaha! one of the good question but bad answer
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #17

Here you go, Porsche Targa limited edition color.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #18
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
In the case of one of my MGs
Grizzly,

What type of MG's do you have? I have some good friends who've restored TC's, TD's, TF's and newer models for decades. They are fun cars.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #19

I had a couple of Bs and one very nice Midget. I don't have any of them anymore. They were just too unreliable to be fun. After 15 years of ownership, I finally sold the Midget in April and replaced it with the Boxster.

I'd love to post a picture of the Midget, but I don't have any digitals. I'll scan something and put it up for you. The car won several National awards. I saved it from the crusher. I should have let it perish. It was an ungrateful little Brit.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #20

Here you go. It wasn't a TC or TD, but you gotta admit, the restoration was pretty nice, thank you very much.