Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #1

Clear Headlights For Sale with HID Kit

Selling a pair of clear headlights with clear reflector triangles from my 2003 Porsche Boxster which were replaced with litronic units. The lights are in perfect operational condition and have only minor pitting from the four years on my car. The pitting is not noticeable unless you get within a foot of the lenses and look to the side. In other words, they look good on the car. There are no scratches.

Included with the sale is a HID conversion kit with a relay and battery harness. The rear of the headlamp covers have been drilled for the HID kit and wire grommets installed. I later sealed the wire holes in the grommet to keep the lights waterproof. Included are extra grommets if you wish to re-install the HID kit. The cover backs could also be replaced with those from your car if you do not wish to use the HID kit.

Included for sale is the following:

Two headlight assemblies
986 631 131 17 (L)
986 631 132 17 (R)

Two clear triangle reflectors
996 631 045 00 (L)
996 631 046 00 (R)

Complete HID conversion kit http://www.cqlight.ca/product_info.php?cPath=32_45&products_id=68

Two extra wire grommets

HID Manual and instructions

The lights have been carefully re-packed in the litronics boxes and are ready for shipment. I strongly recommend insurance with UPS shipping. Shipping will be charged at actual cost. If you would like to have an idea of what the actual costs are, forward your address and I will let you know.

If you need additional photos or information, please let me know. Asking $550 for all plus the shipping.

Warren

See link for photo:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wpruitt/EbayImages/986Lights.jpg

wpruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #2

Did you run these with the HID's in at all? Have any pics with them on?
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #3

Yes I did and I really liked the light they produced. There did not seem to be any problems with glare to other drivers. The problem I had with them was when first turned on from cold they would cause my battery light to illuminate. This would not happen after they had been warmed up. I contacted the dealer and they sent a different harness with a diode but that did not work and they finally sent a separate battery harness and relay. I never used the battery harness because I had already purchased the litronics. I am fairly certain that it would have worked but I grew impatient waiting for the HID dealer to get back with me.

I went through some diagnostics with the HID kit and they worked fine with just one lamp illuminating but when both were turned on together it apparently drew too much current for my system. Others have not had this problem so I think there is something peculiar about my car. I have a 2003 and most of the other installs I noted have been earlier cars.

If I had not had the battery light problem I would have been very happy with the kit rather than the litronics.
Warren
wpruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #4

PM sent ................
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #5

PM sent. Thanks.
szentej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #6

Sold

Thanks for all the interest!
W.