Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #1

Dansk sports exhaust

Hi, I'm contemplating buying one of the polished stainless Dansk sports exhausts for my Boxster 3.2s but before I do, does anyone have one fitted and particularly a photo showing the rear of the car with exhaust fitted. The original factory exhaust seems to compliment the rear of the car and I don't want the car to look like there's something missing (a large void where the exhaust should be)....the Dansk system box does not look to be anywhere near the size of the original.
Many Thanks

Coloneltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 AM   #2

I had one on my 2.7L boxster but did not like the 2-3K resonance it gave. My understanding is that the 2-3K resonance may be more problematic with cars like mine that have headers. It sure let more sound. I could hear the gurggling when letting off the throttle to a much greater extent than with the stock muffler. I am thinking of getting a Dansk pressed-style muffler with super sound tips. Supposedly, it provides higher flow rates, but without the annoying resonance.

Ed

:dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #3

I have the dansk

here is a pic of the Banana type Dansk sport exhaust. The only issue i have is that I wish it was a little bit louder.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/ray986/PICT0006-1.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/ray986/PICT0014.jpg
986s sport design pkg, aerokit 1, litronics,deviating seat stitching, guards red seat belts, cf ebrake/shift knob,ssk, sport seats, hard top, full alpine system with 8" sub, mb quart speakers, Champion rg5, Eibach springs, sport exhaust, rear stess bars, custom ecu program, desnorkle intake, euro bumper, rear diffuser
ray986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #4

Cheers fellas, thanks for the replies. In terms of the sound, I understand the secondary cats can be bypassed and the system will still pass emissions tests. This should give a more sporty sound.
Once again, thanks

Coloneltom is offline   Reply With Quote