Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #1

WTB - Clear Headlights or Litronics in TX

I want to buy either clear (2003 style) headlights or the litronics upgrades. I will be willing to pay upto $550 for clear headlights and maybe upto $800 for litronics. At this moment I'm interested in sellers in TX since I want to go and pick up the item.

Thanks.

alikhan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #2

I pm'ed you
bosxter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to iJeremy
interested in a litronic conversion on the stock lenses, or strictly swapping out the entire unit?
iJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikhan78
I want to buy either clear (2003 style) headlights or the litronics upgrades. I will be willing to pay upto $550 for clear headlights and maybe upto $800 for litronics. At this moment I'm interested in sellers in TX since I want to go and pick up the item.

Thanks.
Smart idea.
Lots of 986 headlights have broken plastic support inside caused during shipping process. If you pick them up, hold & shake each of them to verify. If you end up buying online, demand high quality pictures. You can tell from the picture if you know where to look at.
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinijazz
Smart idea.
Lots of 986 headlights have broken plastic support inside caused during shipping process. If you pick them up, hold & shake each of them to verify. If you end up buying online, demand high quality pictures. You can tell from the picture if you know where to look at.
Thanks for the advice jinijazz, I didn't even realize this was a big problem. Does this make the lights jsut a ltitle loose or does it actually mean that the ligths can be easily pulled out or fall out?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJeremy
interested in a litronic conversion on the stock lenses, or strictly swapping out the entire unit?
My car is an 01, so I want to get rid of the amber. For cost reasons I would prefer regular halogens assemblies with clear turns but I don't mind paying for the added benefit of litronics.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
boggtown

Ya, what actualy breaks and what are the damages?
Old 02-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #8

Notice the gap between [1] and [2] in the picture.
There is a piece that supports and holds [1] inside of housing. It maintains the gap so that your headlight maintains proper level. This piece is surprisingly thin and weak, easily breaks during shipping if not packaged properly. Once broken, the headlights are basically not usable(unless you are ok with your beams being shaken crazy at every small road bump, not to mention different beam level b/w left and right) and it not easy to repair if not impossible. There are some dishonest people sell these kind of headlights without mentioning the problems
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #9

Thanks for the info jinijazz, I wish I had read your reply a few days ago, I got my litronics yesterday. I went to the garage and checked my lights to make sure they didn't suffer from the condition you described and looks like i got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinijazz
Notice the gap between [1] and [2] in the picture.
There is a piece that supports and holds [1] inside of housing. It maintains the gap so that your headlight maintains proper level. This piece is surprisingly thin and weak, easily breaks during shipping if not packaged properly. Once broken, the headlights are basically not usable(unless you are ok with your beams being shaken crazy at every small road bump, not to mention different beam level b/w left and right) and it not easy to repair if not impossible. There are some dishonest people sell these kind of headlights without mentioning the problems
Old 02-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #10

Me too

I'm looking for the same stuff. Either clear turn signal halogens or litronics. If anybody has information on where I could find some I'd really appreciate it.
jsmithdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikhan78
My car is an 01, so I want to get rid of the amber. For cost reasons I would prefer regular halogens assemblies with clear turns but I don't mind paying for the added benefit of litronics.
I have the clear halogens with Sylvania Silverstars in the high beam position. Granted they aren't litronics I don't have that amberish look from the standard H7 halogens anymore. Just something for you to consider.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:01 AM   #12

Will Have Clear Headlights For Sale

I am going to have a set of clear headlights from a 2003, including the clear reflector triangles for sale next week. No scratches, no broken mounts and will include a complete HID kit as well. Replaced with Litronics and will be shipped in the box that they came in.

I did the retrofit to HID but the kit kept causing an error with the battery idiot light. I removed them but have since received a battery direct kit from the manufacturer which should eliminate the problem I was having. The rear of the headlights access panel has been drilled and a grommet installed to allow the wiring for the HID kit. I have since applied silicone to the wire holes on the grommets to seal it up. It is fine as- is or you could replace it with the one on your existing headlights. I have two extra grommets if you want to use the HID kit. I was planning to ask $600 plus shipping.

PM me if interested.
Warren
wpruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #13
boggtown

Awefully confident in your lights be be asking 600 pre shipping...
Old 02-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #14

Maybe...not sure what the appropriate price would be. It does include a $200 HID kit (and the regular halogen bulbs) and clear triangles. For someone who would like all of those things it might be a good deal.

The shipping carton is pretty big and weighs about 30 lbs. I would expect there to be a significant variance in shipping depending on destination. In the end it will probably go on ebay.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #15
boggtown

Didnt factor in the HID kit, but I havent heard good things about them. Hows the beam pattern, brightness, and stuff like that?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #16

I actually liked the light. The beam pattern and intensity were excellent. I would still be using them but got fed up with the electrical issues. I don't know if it is my car specifically or what but the first time they were lit it would zap my system and I would have to restart the car to clear the errors. After they were lit and the lamps heated it would not do it. Apparently the current draw was too much for the system. I tried switching the components around to see if there was a problem with a specific ballast, igniter or bulb. The system checked out fine.

The vendor sent me a different harness with a diode that helped but did not eliminate the problem. I contacted him about a separate battery harness with a relay to bypass the computer completely. He did not get back with me for awhile and I went ahead and ordered the litronics. I finally got the battery harness from him so I believe they could have been made to work.

When the litronics arrived there was damage to one of them and I am waiting for the replacement which has now been shipped and should be here next week.