Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #1

FS: Twin Turbo kit for 986 Boxster TTP Automotive

T-T-P Automotive in Germany (t-t-p.de) developed this twin turbo kit for the Porsche model 986 Boxster 2000-2004. In the research I've done, the retail price of the new kit was over $20K, get it here for pennies on the dollar at $1800. It utilizes high quality pieces including two factory Porsche turbo chargers. Comes complete with coolant intercooler, intake manifolds, custom headers and exhaust pipes with cats by HJS motorsports , Billy Boat performance muffler, high volume fuel injectors and oil pumps, plumbing for air, coolant and oil, and more.

The photos are of the kit you will receive. The kit has been test fitted on a 2002 3.2L Boxster motor and photographed here - you do NOT get the motor, it is just to demonstrate how I understand the kit is fitted. As I assembled the mock-up, I noted a few areas that will need attention. First, your engine will need to be removed from your Boxster to make installing the kit on your engine easier. Second, the kit intake manifolds are from 2001-2005 Porsche Turbo 911 and they bolt onto the cylinder head utilizing bosses that are not drilled and tapped. The metal tabs are there, so prep will be relatively easy, but this is one reason why I say this kit is not for the beginning mechanic. I'm sure other tweaking and fabrication will be needed, and for sure a custom tune will be needed when installation is complete.

Before I could install this turbo kit on my Boxster S, I acquired a Turbo Panamera which has met my need for speed. I never installed this turbo kit so I will be of only limited help. Shipping will be in more than one box, the $75 charged for shipping won't likely cover the actual costs and is only for the 48 continental USA. You are more than welcome to come pickup the kit - please! If you are not in the area covered by shipping, contact me and we will try to work out the details and costs.

$1800, payment via PayPal

Last edited by Xcellr8; 08-14-2021 at 06:27 AM. Reason: lowered price
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:57 AM   #2

Garage
Hello Xcellr8,
this is a very peculiar setup, I have not seen a twin turbo on an M96 before.
Can you post any more information about the kit? do you have any reference number for it?

on TTP website, the closest kit is:

Performance level V
Turbo retrofitting

Performance series:252 PS (185 kW) / 260 PS (191 kW)

Torque series:305 Nm

Performance TTP:450 hp (331 kW)

Torque TTP:580 Nm

Displacement expansion to 3.8l with full steel bushings and forged pistons including engine overhaul
2 TTP turbocharger based on KKK
TTP turbo manifold
TTP turbo exhaust system with metal catalysts
TTP carbon air box with sports air filter
Machined combustion chambers
Water charge air cooler in the intake tract
Reinforced clutch
Electronics tuning
TÜV entry

if that is the kit, do you have the ECU tune? (tho it would be tuned to 3.8L or 3.2L?)
what about the reinforced clutch, do you have a reference to the part necessary to accommodate increased torque?

thanks
notech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #3
inveniam viam aut faciam

There is the one issue that you will need to build an engine to handle the turbos. Building an M96 strong enough to hold up to the stress of forced induction is a task few will be willing to take on.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #4

More information welcomed!

Thanks for the posts, I'm learning more than I knew. Keep it coming as the buyer will appreciate the added information. My understanding, from the seller I bought the kit from, was that the kit was no longer manufactured, but that T-T-P has a small network of shops in the USA who can provide service including installation and/or tune. Both of you have pointed out that there is some concern about the internals of the M96 engine's ability to handle the added power. My understanding was that one could limit the boost to minimize the threat to the engine. Obviously that would limit the fun factor though.

Lowered price to $1800 and open to offers. BTW, I have also listed on eBay. Lots of lookers and curiosity.

Last edited by Xcellr8; 08-14-2021 at 06:27 AM. Reason: lowered price
Old 08-07-2021, 08:41 AM   #5

Turbo and exhaust is not everything what you need to do for your car , you need reinforce the block , extra cooling air to water as fans in 986 will not cope with heat .. $2400 is only start , full proper setup cost around $10k with parts and some labour for things which most people will be not able to do

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
joshua3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #6

Cooling

This kit does come with cooling hoses for the intercooler that run from the front of the Boxster and an electric water pump to increase cooling.

Old 08-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #7

Water inlet and outlet

Tried to add a photo to the last post of the intercooler water inlets and outlets

Here is the photo. The intercooler is the large black box, the inlets and outlets are bolted into the back of the intercooler shown in this photo. The hoses, pictured in the previous post, bolt on to these outlets and run to the front of the Boxster. Water is circulated with the use of an electric water pump.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:37 AM   #8

Lowered the price to $2100

Price lowered to $2100. We are getting close to point where the value of the parts sold off individually will exceed the asking price.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:31 AM   #9

New price

$1800 takes home this amazing power adder. I really don't want to break it into parts because it is such a pain to advertise and ship individual pieces.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellr8 View Post
$1800 takes home this amazing power adder. I really don't want to break it into parts because it is such a pain to advertise and ship individual pieces.
Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2021, 06:57 AM   #11
esc

Does that intercooler fit under the stock cover? PM me if you end up parting that out.

esc is offline   Reply With Quote