Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2021, 07:25 AM   #1

FS: Litronic Xenon RH (passenger) Headlight

For sale is a good condition Litronic Xenon Headlight for the 986, 986S, and some 996 Porsches. There is slight yellowing and the rubber surround is poor. Photos are of the actual headlight. Priced at $390 with free shipping to the 48 continental states. Payment via Paypal. Let me know if you need other photos or information. Porsche part number 996.631.058.07

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:56 PM   #2

Sold, sold. sold

Well, not sure what to think about this. After being posted here for a week, I posted the headlight for sale on eBay at $105 more, or $495 PLUS $24.95 shipping, compared to $390 including shipping here. The best offer feature was used and the light sold at $450 plus $24.95 shipping, or $474.95 compared to $390 here. Truely makes one wonder if listing here is worth the effort.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:10 PM   #3

eBay is the way to go. The discount you get on shipping usually makes up for their fees. Some parts are like gold on there while here you hear nothing but crickets chirping.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:40 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

eBay is a community of sellers and buyers. All business. Nothing personal.

Our forum is comprised of enthusiasts. Our members tend to lean toward "deals" for parts... and our members usually oblige when setting prices. There are a few wonks on the forum who lean towards ridiculous ($875 humps... $2,500 tops). I avoid those opportunists.

Listing upon this forum items for sale is worth the effort... especially if you are doing your forum friends a solid.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:22 AM   #5

It's really just a numbers game. less then 1000 people here vs millions on ebay.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post

Our forum is comprised of enthusiasts. Our members tend to lean toward "deals" for parts... and our members usually oblige when setting prices. There are a few wonks on the forum who lean towards ridiculous ($875 humps... $2,500 tops). I avoid those opportunists.

Listing upon this forum items for sale is worth the effort... especially if you are doing your forum friends a solid.
VERY well said Starter986.
NDkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:23 AM   #7

Are these plug and play for boxsters with halogen heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post

Agree, very well said, and exactly what I tried to achieve by offering the light to members here at more than $100 less than the eBay listing. But there was no interest. Its been suggested that the number of members eBay has is huge compared to this forum, but eBay's membership is not really relevant because only 986 and some 996 owners would click on the listing. I think the concentration of 986 owners here is greater than on eBay as my listing here had more views than the listing on eBay. I'm now wondering if buyers just prefer the eBay platform, maybe thinking it is more secure. After all, there is no feedback here, I suppose the buyers don't know if I'm for real or not.

One more thing, Isnotanova, a very experienced seller of Boxster parts, suggests that the savings on shipping costs that ebay provides almost makes up for their fees. I strongly disagree with that. While the shipping costs are nicely discounted, EBay charged me 12.55% in fees on the headlight sale. Not only did they charge fees on the sale price of $450, but they also charged their fee on the $26.25 sales tax and $24.75 shipping cost. So, in total, while I saved $10 on shipping, they charged me $63 in fees.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:18 AM   #9
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellr8 View Post
Agree, very well said, and exactly what I tried to achieve by offering the light to members here at more than $100 less than the eBay listing. But there was no interest. Its been suggested that the number of members eBay has is huge compared to this forum, but eBay's membership is not really relevant because only 986 and some 996 owners would click on the listing. I think the concentration of 986 owners here is greater than on eBay as my listing here had more views than the listing on eBay. I'm now wondering if buyers just prefer the eBay platform, maybe thinking it is more secure. After all, there is no feedback here, I suppose the buyers don't know if I'm for real or not.

One more thing, Isnotanova, a very experienced seller of Boxster parts, suggests that the savings on shipping costs that ebay provides almost makes up for their fees. I strongly disagree with that. While the shipping costs are nicely discounted, EBay charged me 12.55% in fees on the headlight sale. Not only did they charge fees on the sale price of $450, but they also charged their fee on the $26.25 sales tax and $24.75 shipping cost. So, in total, while I saved $10 on shipping, they charged me $63 in fees.
Oh. I recognized your generosity... and am glad you got them sold. You gave our members the 'right of first refusal', and no one bit. You are a gentleman.