Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2021, 08:18 PM   #61

Was your car optioned with traction control? If not, I may be interested in your ABS module.

rezanourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:11 PM   #62

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezanourai View Post
Was your car optioned with traction control? If not, I may be interested in your ABS module.
No traction control. 6spd manual.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:51 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
No traction control. 6spd manual.
So the car doesn't have the ABD or TSR? Would you be willing to sell the ABS unit (the thing under the frunk with the hard brake line pipes coming out, I think 4 of them)?

Zip code 94506
rezanourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 12:50 AM   #64

Garage
Responded to messages.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:05 PM   #65

PM for the center radiator parts.
Leftturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:46 PM   #66

I'm looking for a CDR-220 faceplate (or complete radio) if priced right.

Thanks,
Ingo
PcarSBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:49 PM   #67

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarSBA View Post
I'm looking for a CDR-220 faceplate (or complete radio) if priced right.

Thanks,
Ingo
Sorry it never had the stock radio as long as I've owned it.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:59 PM   #68

Hi, do you happen to have the wind deflectors in the headrests?
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #69

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
Hi, do you happen to have the wind deflectors in the headrests?
No I don't. They were already cracked when I got the car.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:05 PM   #70

Quote:
No I don't. They were already cracked when I got the car.
Have you sold that front bumper yet? I will buy it if we can figure out how to ship it. Zip 42603.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2021, 11:46 PM   #71

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Have you sold that front bumper yet? I will buy it if we can figure out how to ship it. Zip 42603.

Not yet. A few people have been interested. Shipping via Greyhound has been averaging around 150 to 180.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:36 AM   #72

Quote:
Not yet. A few people have been interested. Shipping via Greyhound has been averaging around 150 to 180.
Dang, that puts it at the price of a new one. Sorry but I think I'll have to pass.

Old 08-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #73

Would you happen to have the bracket that the driver's side headlight slides into, including the upright portion that holds the electrical connection and vent tube in place? The upright bracket broke off of mine.
Banana S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:51 AM   #74

Garage
I'll have to take a look. I believe everything is in good working order. Pm me. I'll see the car this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana S View Post
Would you happen to have the bracket that the driver's side headlight slides into, including the upright portion that holds the electrical connection and vent tube in place? The upright bracket broke off of mine.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:10 AM   #75

Garage
I'm sorry I'm using my phone to use this and things are getting confusing and twisted. I've responded to all quotes and edited a few mistakes. Parts are all Plus Shipping. Edited original post with some things added and removed.

Last edited by DarkStar; 09-03-2021 at 08:15 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:03 AM   #76

Just a note. I messaged DarkStar mid August looking to buy both bumpers shipped together. He said he would get Back to me with a shipping price, never did, and sold one of the bumpers to someone else. If you want something keep after him, don’t expect him to go in order of contact.
Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #77

Garage
Well, first I want to say thank you for this. Thank you for being patient while I struggle with trying to save my business from collapse and parting out a car on my spare time, which is usually late at night when I should be sleeping because I have work in the AM. Then on top of it, I also had to spend my spare time building a 61"x54"x30" Crate and deliver it to a shipping dock 100 miles from my home and work.... On my very limited spare time.

Just so we can clear the air here, you mention "order of contact", If I sold it to whoever by order of contact, you would be 4th in line. You did not contact me first. And I did get back to you with a quote, You asked for another, more detailed quote, after that someone else who was talking to me before you, asked me for my PayPal info and sent me what I quoted him without any argument. Then a few days later you contacted me again asking for that quote, in which I responded to you that the bumper sold already. Yes, The bumper sold right after you asked for a quote by someone who contacted me WAY Before you did. I must admit I did not go by order of contact tho, you are correct. The guy that purchased the bumper was actually 2nd in line. Then another guy hit me up, and then you. I will admit, perhaps if I contacted you right away on the double, I could have sold both to you possibly. Or you could have turned down my quote like one person did, or you could be like another that asked to buy them, acted serious and then completely stopped responding after I gave payment information. Never know, **************** happens!

I will say this once, if its wrong, oh well. First Come, First Serve. If you ask me for a quote and someone else is asking me for payment information, what do you think I'm going to do? Bid Wars? I dunno if thats honorable but maybe?

Anyway, I would like to apologize for disappointing you. I am doing my best to contact EVERYONE as quickly as possible. If I'm wrong in anything I say or do here, really I'm sorry. I am not parting this car out as a job or something I want to do. I'm doing it only to help keep me floating while my business goes down hill due to local issues happening in my State.

I'm uploading a screenshot starting the day the 2nd person (buyer) contacted me up until today when you messaged me with your disapproval of my actions.

Have a nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silber View Post
Just a note. I messaged DarkStar mid August looking to buy both bumpers shipped together. He said he would get Back to me with a shipping price, never did, and sold one of the bumpers to someone else. If you want something keep after him, don’t expect him to go in order of contact.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #78

I asked for the quote in mid-august and you said you would provide one. you had two plus weeks to do so. I really doubt the guy was asking for your PayPal then and it took two weeks plus for you to get it to him.

Best of luck with selling the rest of your parts. Just letting people know to follow up if they are seriously interested,
Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:38 PM   #79

He got back to me with a price within a few days. Give the guy a break, he's parting out a car, not running Amazon delivery service.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #80

Big thanks to DarkStar, I received the hardtop yesterday. Smooth transaction, great shipping and protection of item. Worry free transaction. Will buy from again if I need something.

Outkasted is offline   Reply With Quote