Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #1

986 Hardtop Black - Socal

Top has been sold.

I have a black hardtop for a 986.

I bought it this way with some sunburn spots, and one of the ears kind of popping off. I was thinking of making it a little project to restore it but never really got around to it.

One of the spring pins in the driver side latch might have broke as well. I've seen an article showing an easy fix is to replace with an equal size allen L key and dremel the remainder off - which would make it stronger then the OEM spring pin.

I bought this from a forum user on pelican parts forum. It still latches on to the car and and is functional. Reason I'm selling is because in the past 2 years of owning it, I've put it on probably less then 10 times as I much prefer to just drive it with the top down.

When I bought it, I tried to give it a paint correction - which looks good from like 10-15 feet away, but you can really see the defects when you get up close to it. Shown in photos below.

Trying to clear out some space in the garage so I'm putting it up for sale.

Last edited by phook; 02-10-2022 at 11:58 AM.
phook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:45 PM   #2

I was in talks to sell it to someone early last year who wanted me to ship it to another state. Life happened, was dealing with moving, a new job, and other family things. I never actually got around to finding a proper way to ship this thing across several states. I was originally trying to ship this through Greyhound, but found that the dimensions were slightly above their maximums - and that's without any protecting packaging on it. So to the person I was in talks with, I apologize I never got around to finding an alternative method and ending up ghosting.

I am bumping this - now hoping to find a local buyer. I also dropped the price as well and will include the stand for free if you want it.
phook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:25 PM   #3

Garage
Thats a good deal. If i were anywhere near you I'd buy it. Im on the opposite side of the US in NJ but if you figure out a way to ship let us know.
CharlesE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:06 PM   #4

Garage
Interested. Local in San Diego. I texted the number in your original post.

jbowser5 is offline   Reply With Quote