Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2021, 07:36 AM   #1

FS 986 Boxster Roof Transport System RTS

Up for sale is what I believe to be a complete roof transport system RTS for a 986 Boxster. I'm sure some astute eyes will let us know if anything is missing. This RTS came with an '01 Boxster that I purchased last year and then sold on to a friend. As part of the deal when I sold the car to my friend was that I would keep the RTS and sell it separately to break even or come out ahead in regards to the sale of the Boxster. Everything I have is shown in the photos. The only thing of note to mention is in regards to the A Pillar mounts, I had to leave them on the Boxster because it had been repainted without removing them and it turns out there were paint runs underneath, understandably my friend did not want to remove them. So, I purchased aftermarket ones from ebay which are new and included in the sale.

In full transparency. I know these are hard to come by. I know these only pop up for sale ever so often. I'm trying to break even or make some money by selling this. What I would like to do is offer it up to the highest bid without listing it on eBay. I don't want to list it on eBay because then I have to pay all of their fees and the buyer would have to pay sales tax. It seems that forums frown upon offering something up for bid as such. So, I will start with a high asking price and then settle on the best offer that I get. With that said, I'm asking $1,600 plus actual shipping costs. Looks like the best way to ship this is in two separate boxes. I have found a box for the long pieces, I just need to find another box that can fit the cast side pieces. I will ship as cheaply as possible but all of the pieces of the RTS will be packaged carefully so that they arrive in the same condition they are now.

For payment, I accept Venmo (preferred since they don't charge fees), PayPal (funds sent as "friends or family" or 3% added to cover fees), Money Order, Cashiers Check, Personal Check (funds must clear my bank before I ship), or cash in person. I am located in Little Rock, AR

I know I'm not a regular on these forums so I'll offer up that my internet username is legendrx7 for just about everything. You can search for me on eBay to find that I am a trustworthy seller. I'm also on instagram as legend.rx7

I took way too many photos and uploaded them to my Flickr account. I'm relying on all of the pictures to provide an accurate description of the actual condition and everything included. If somehow I missed something, let me know and I'll get a picture of it. I'm positive that the other forum members here know a lot more about the RTS than I do, so I welcome any feedback.

Sometimes links don't work in forum postings, if you got to flickr.com, search for legendrx7 and click on search people you'll get to my account. Then click on albums and 986 Boxster RTS to get to the 100+ photos I uploaded. Or maybe click this link if it works ...... https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVzHoZa

Best way to get a hold of me is my username at hotmail.com but I will also look for private messages on this forum. Please understand that I'm not a capitalist scumbag, I'm just trying to make some money to dump into another car project.

Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions. Serious buyers only please.

legendrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #2

bump

$1,500 shipped to lower 48.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #3

I just sold mine, 100% complete with two attachments (bike and skis). Tempting to buy this one again but it would have to be close to what I sold mine for.

BTW shipping it in one large flat box (like a flat screen TV or something) would be a lot cheaper. I shipped mine out like that and it was almost half the cost as when I had it shipped to me in two separate boxes.
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #4

thanks for the input on shipping it! I would've thought that shipping the two smaller boxes would be cheaper than one TV sized box. I'll be keeping an eye out for a TV box
Old 05-21-2021, 02:21 PM   #5

Bump

$1,400 shipped to lower 48. Can ship elsewhere for extra.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

I'm the guy you bought the front pieces from on eBay. If you get closer to the price-point we discussed earlier that I bought my previous RTSes for, I'd consider picking up a second one for my girlfriend's car.
beater986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beater986 View Post
I'm the guy you bought the front pieces from on eBay. If you get closer to the price-point we discussed earlier that I bought my previous RTSes for, I'd consider picking up a second one for my girlfriend's car.
Thanks man! Just keep an eye on this thread or the one on Planet-9. I'll keep lowering the price until I get a buyer.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:38 AM   #8

Bump

$1,300 shipped to lower 48. Can ship elsewhere for extra.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:10 PM   #9

Is this still available? I'm interested if you get closer to market value.

AS mentioned above I sold a complete set recently but a business opportunity popped up which involves carrying stuff around in the Boxster, so an RTS with a cargo box would be great.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #10

Bueller... Bueller...
Old 07-14-2021, 09:42 AM   #11

SOLD

thanks to 986forum for allowing me to post.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #12

for reference of actual market value. It sold for $1,200 cash and local pickup
Old 07-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #13
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Held my tongue for the duration of this post so that OP could put capitalism to work, but man, they must have really wanted it if they payed $1200. I paid $350, I've never seen one sell for more than $600, normal range is usually $300-400.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:21 PM   #14

Yeah, I sold my complete RTS for $600 recently with a ski and bike attachment (same price I bought for on an Ebay auction). Saw one with two bike attachments on FB 986/996 parts group for $750 OBO last month, also complete. Maybe the Porsche bubble is spilling over into obsolete 986 accessories?