Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #1

Parting out 1997 3.4 Conversion

The time has come to cash out on the 3.4 conversion. Here is a quick rundown on the specs, 1997
Boxster with a 3.4 conversion. Conversion was done by Scott Slauson, the PCA National
Tech advisor for the Boxster at the Local dealership Using the FVD kit. Motor was removed
from a wrecked 996 and had less than 40k Miles when the conversion was done. I have put
about 6k miles on since that point.

The base for this project was a Salvage 97 boxster that came out of Florida with some
water damage. The car was not completely submerged and worked well for my intentions as I
was going to and have replaced everything. There are still a few non-driving issues that
I did not address, primarily the soft top as I prefer the hard top for just about all
driving.

I have recipts totaling about 30k and have spent much more on the car, due to the salvage title situation im guessing that my best bet here is to part the car out. If someone is looking for a race car foundation, this would be a good choice. The car is quite stunning and I would be willing to let it go for 19k. I have lots of pics that I can forward, my email is ********************************@email.unc.edu anybody interested can call me at 919 923 5609. Here is a rough price list.

1997 Boxster Chasis, no crash damage minor flood all electronics replaced, 996 front bumper, stock decklid. Ocean Metallic Respray at local Dealership $6500

Hardtop factory paint..$1500

Litronic Headlights $700

3.4 996 motor
FVD kit
Sport clutch (less than 8k miles ago)Bolt in and go. The tranny is in great shape and is inclued at $7500

Boxster aero kit rear spoiler $800

Big Red Brake Upgrade, low miles on new pads and the custom rotors for the rear of the standard boxster. $2000

GHL sport exhaust $600

Factory Speedster Humps $500

Much Much More

Old 10-24-2006, 03:02 AM   #2

"The car was not completely submerged and worked well for my intentions as I
was going to and have replaced everything. There are still a few non-driving issues that
I did not address, primarily the soft top as I prefer the hard top for just about all
driving. "

Hi, if you don't mind me asking...
What were your intentions? What do you mean "replaced everything"? What's wrong with the soft top, and what other issues does the car have?

Was the conversion done successfully?

Thx,
Z.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:20 AM   #3

Hi, if you don't mind me asking...
What were your intentions? What do you mean "replaced everything"? What's wrong with the soft top, and what other issues does the car have?

Was the conversion done successfully?

Well, as to my intentions..... I rationalized dumping tons of cash into a car with a salvage title because I was gonna "keep the car" and it didnt make a difference to me. I bought the chasis wanting to do a 3.4 conversion and I figgured that I would be replacing alot of things along the way. I have an inch and a half thick binder with recipts. Im not too sure about the soft top, I drove with the hardtop at just about all times and just kept the soft top down. It might be a switch. Now, I have decided to sell off the car and the bottom line is that with all the parts and money that I put into the car, I am going to recoup more money if I sell things off peice by peice and not as a complete car with a salvage title.

The conversion was done sucessfuly and I acutally put about 6-8k on the car between the summer of 04 and now. Not the best $ to mile ratio but Im getting what I always wanted...a 993 and there is only so much room in the garage.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #4

speedster humps still available?
ercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #5

What kind of wheels are those? Are you willing to sell the wheels and tires?
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
I sent you a PM.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #7

PEOPLE PLEASE. stop bumping threads from 2006.