Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #1

Garage
Question WTB Zeintop / Z-top for 986

I'm looking for one of those cayman style hardtops that used to be made called Zeintops. Doing my research it looks like the originals aren't being made anymore but replicas were being made and sold directly from china. I could only find it for sale on 2 websites does anyone in here have one?

reference: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000286569378.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.2ba046eaMe o2R4

CharlesE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesE View Post
I'm looking for one of those cayman style hardtops that used to be made called Zeintops. Doing my research it looks like the originals aren't being made anymore but replicas were being made and sold directly from china. I could only find it for sale on 2 websites does anyone in here have one?

reference: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000286569378.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.2ba046eaMe o2R4
I do. The company that makes them now bought out the bankrupt Zientop. I'm not sure but I think they are all made by Z-art now and sold by numerous sellers. The least expensive Alliexpress. The only US distributor sells on ebay and asks $9995.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
I do. The company that makes them now bought out the bankrupt Zientop. I'm not sure but I think they are all made by Z-art now and sold by numerous sellers. The least expensive Alliexpress. The only US distributor sells on ebay and asks $9995.
Okay thanks. I guess I'll get one from Alliexpress unless I find a normal hardtop near me. Did you install yours yourself or take it to a bodyshop?
CharlesE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesE View Post
Okay thanks. I guess I'll get one from Alliexpress unless I find a normal hardtop near me. Did you install yours yourself or take it to a bodyshop?
I trimmed out mine myself, wasnt hard, but I've heard the newest ones dont need any fitting. Had a BS paint it. Not sure if that's true or not.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote