Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
Top Down in Santa Barbara

FS GT3 Front Bumper/ rear diffusor new!

Hi all, Just bought a very cool Boxster S. Along with the car I was given a bunch of parts the previous owner had purchased and not installed. I have for sale a GT3 style front bumper cover in fiberglass and a GT3TEk rear diffusor. Can sell separately or as a pair. I"m not going to install them. Also have the original Blaupunkt radio. I'm in Santa Barbara. I can ship the rear diffusor as it's flexible and easy to pack, but the front bumper cover I'd rather someone pick up in person. Might consider trades for a nice Fender Strat or tele, Nash guitar, Macbook, or??? I can add cash. Take a look and hit me up w questions. Thanks! Figuring the pair should be worth about $500 used.Len

986SantaBarbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #2

Sending a PM about the rear diffuser.
Thanks
Shawn
Old 05-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
01 Basalt Metallic 986

Garage
Is the front bumper metallic black by any chance? Thanks.
JimmyBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:06 AM   #4

Hello, no I believe it's just a the color of the fiberglass. It'll need to be painted. Thanks for looking.
Best, Len
Old 05-22-2020, 11:21 AM   #5

Hi all. Diffusor sold. Front GT3 fiberglass bumper cover available $350. New unused. Thanks.

Last edited by 986SantaBarbara; 05-22-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #6

Happy to report the rear diffuser arrived! Great seller and communication.
Thank you!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #7

Hi 986SantaBarbara,

I sent you a PM on the Gt3 bumper. Thanks!
djw8282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #8

Thanks for the purchase, glad it arrived ready to go. As for shipping the bumper, I don't have a box for it. Let me see if I can build one for it. I've shipped many vintage guitars very well packed in the past. This thing is big though so let me see what I can do about creating a box for it and I'll get back. Thanks. Len
Old 05-28-2020, 11:02 PM   #9

Thanks. I PMed you as well.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #10

Both sold****Sorry I was too lazy to ship! Cheers.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:59 PM   #11

You really shouldn't do business like that.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:18 AM   #12
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw8282 View Post
You really shouldn't do business like that.
I think I get what you're saying, but, he DID say in his very first post that he'd rather not ship the bumper. It seems he was pretty clear about that.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #13

Did you speak to him through pm? Do you know exactly what was said outside these post even though he said he rather not? Why I made a comment, I don't know
Old 07-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #14
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw8282 View Post
Did you speak to him through pm? Do you know exactly what was said outside these post even though he said he rather not? Why I made a comment, I don't know
Nope, you're so right. I have no idea what commitments he may've made through PM's.

I only commented because you suggested with your comment that something shady happened. that catches my attention because I have been hosed by two forum members here. Both times it was them not paying me for goods I agreed to send and then invoice actual shipping costs along with purchase price. I shipped the parts and sent the invoice... and then they went all oh-dark-thirty on me.

So when I see somebody else getting screwed by a forum member, my interest is piqued and I look. But reading the history available, I didn't see anything untoward.

If you want us to know what he did, spill it.
In my opinion, we have a responsibility to each other in this community, to police ourselves.
But from the outside-looking-in, this all looks on the up-n-up.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Nope, you're so right. I have no idea what commitments he may've made through PM's.

I only commented because you suggested with your comment that something shady happened. that catches my attention because I have been hosed by two forum members here. Both times it was them not paying me for goods I agreed to send and then invoice actual shipping costs along with purchase price. I shipped the parts and sent the invoice... and then they went all oh-dark-thirty on me.

So when I see somebody else getting screwed by a forum member, my interest is piqued and I look. But reading the history available, I didn't see anything untoward.

In my opinion, we have a responsibility to each other in this community, to police ourselves.
Hey Maytag,

Didn't realize anyone replied to this, kind of old but he agreed to try to prepare to ship but never got back to me. When I PMed again, he sold it.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #17

Quote:

Hey Maytag,

Didn't realize anyone replied to this, kind of old but he agreed to try to prepare to ship but never got back to me. When I PMed again, he sold it.

Tags
bumper cover , diffusor , gt3