Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2018, 10:21 PM   #1

WTB RTS for boxster 986

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster. As per title looking to buy Boxster Roof Rack System (RTS). Needs to be complete. For 986 1997-2004. Any hints as to where I could source one would also be greatly appreciated - they appear to be difficult to find !

9886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #2

Seems like a good deal...

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/spo/d/surfboard-rack-for-boxster/6729407717.html
Ottomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
$250-300 is a fair price for a RTS, they don't come up often so I would jump on that one ^.
If you want to confirm it has all of the required hardware, I have a picture and info on my website that covers the RTS. Many of the parts are not available separately (specifically the B-Pillar lock socket), so you need to make sure it has them when you buy it.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:47 AM   #4

As already noted, this is a good price. If you buy it, I would really appreciate it if you would trace me a template of the bar end profile.
I bought one a while back sans the bars, planning to fit aftermarket cross bars to it. But I cooled my jets on this project when I realized there was no practical way I could modify it to allow raising or lowering the top with the RTS installed. With a relatively involved process to install and remove it, here in AL where the weather changes every 5 min it is just not that practical.
If you are only looking to carry a bike, you may find a better system. But if you are in sunny CA and just need a way to get your board or kayak to the beach, the RTS may be the way to go. BOL.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #5

That is an awesome deal. The ad is a bit suspect tho. I've seen that picture on a forum before, and the extremely low price coupled with that cropped and JPEG'd up pic would make me wary.

Do a cash transaction, in person only. Do not pay or put any sort of deposit with paypal or money order.

alm001 is offline   Reply With Quote