Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #1

WTB Hydraulic clutch line - Intermediate segment

OK, I give up, have a pinch in the hydraulic clutch line that runs through the front fender well down behind the front wheel well and along the rocker. And since some contributors to the forum are of the opinion that I need a new clutch, I'll fix this first since its easy compared to the alternative. Maybe I'll get lucky and this will solve my problem of the clutch not fully disengaging.

This segment of the line is easily separated from the other segments with threaded fittings at each end. No cutting is necessary. Do not cut or bend. Even though it won't weigh much, it will take up some space to ship, so give me a quote including shipping to Decatur, IL 62526.

Thanks,
Joe

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #2

Joe, If it's the line you're talking about. It's a pain in the a$$ to get out. The line easily unscrews from both ends, but the hole where it goes through is too small to get the blue clutch line out. I think at the factory they install the line first and then cap it with the fitting that screws into the clutch cylinder. I had to cut the sheet metal on a donor car to get that part out. Not sure how my friend replaced his. I'll ask him and get back to you
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #3

Sure appreciate your response. Thanks for the heads up. This is a 98 by the way, assume 97-99 same. Others 00-04 may be the same, but I have not investigated that. This one has a rubber grommet that the line passes through. If the rubber grommet were removed, hoping the fitting would pass through. If not, it won't be too much a problem for me to get the bad one out, I'll destroy it in the process. Once out, I can probably drill out the hole to make it bigger, or use a dremel cutting tool to enlarge the opening.

On the donor end, the fender well is probably of no use to anyone so you can cut it up. One idea that came to my mind was to dremel cutting tool a 1/4" around the line and remove the line with that collar in place. I'll cut the collar off if you don't want to get too close to the line risking damaging it.

Let me know what you want for it shipped. Thanks again, Joe

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote