Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 05:03 AM   #1

Black Three 3 Spoke Steering Wheel w/ Airbag

Hi Everyone,
I now have a used black 3 spoke steering wheel listed on eBay

Genuine Porsche 911 996 993 and Boxster 986 3 Spoke Steering Wheel with Air Bag | eBay

Again, as a thank you to the forum members who have helped me with numerous Boxster issues, I am offering that steering wheel here at a discount to that listing.

Buy it here for $795.00 and that includes shipping to the 48 states!

It is in good condition. Has a few marks typical of a used steering wheel. The crest is silver, some are gold. I'd be interested in someone sharing why, and when, which color of the crest is used.

Payment via Paypal.
Shipping via ground.
Please ask questions before making purchase.

Have a good day,
Thanks,
Joe

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #2

Quote:
The crest is silver, some are gold. I'd be interested in someone sharing why, and when, which color of the crest is used.
All of the crests that are stock are gold... The silver crest is aftermarket ... I think I got mine from pelicanparts.com
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #3

I believe only the 2001 S came with a silver crest from the factory.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #4

Yes, I can at least confirm that in a 2001 S light blue silver (can't recall the correct name at this moment) with a gray interior, the 3 spoke steering wheel in that car is black with a silver crest. And the this wheel did come out of a 2001. I thought it too was an S, but don't remember how to confirm that with the VIN, WP0CA29861U62XXXX.

Steering wheel still for sale, if you are thinking about it, don't wait, it has had 25 views and of those 5 added it to their watch list. In my vast experience on eBay, with a ratio of 1 out 5 adding to their watch list, it won't be long before it sells. Those ratios don't apply to vehicles, but they do vehicle parts.

Thanks again, Joe
Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #5

Just out of curiosity, why are you using the Ebay (Pitney Bowes) Global Shipping Program as your shipping method for international buyers? It costs the buyer more in shipping because there is now a middleman wanting his vig for doing nothing productive other than lining his own pockets, and it takes way longer to ship because now the focus is on profit margins and distribution centers, not speed or customer service. If you Google it, you'll see that huge numbers of international buyers simply refuse to bid with any seller using this service. I won't, as I consider it a scam and I refuse to be ripped off by it. I suspect that most US sellers aren't aware of just how bad of a deal this is for buyers outside the US. Just letting you know, in case you didn't.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #6

Overseas shipping

Thanks for the "heads-up" on international shipping through eBay. I was not aware of how international buyers were served by that service. However, considering that in the past I did not offer any international shipping option and refused bids, offers, and sales from those eBay users, this service at least gives us the chance to do business.

Just factor those costs into your bid/offer and put it on me to consider the negative impact of that program. Maybe we can put a deal together.

Thanks again,
Joe
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #7

Bump, Another $25 off

Was $795, now $770 w/free shipping
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #8
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Xcellr8, how many miles where on the car when this was removed? It seem like a good price with the airbag included.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:32 AM   #9

Mileage unknown

Unfortunately, I do not know the mileage, only the VIN. I suppose someone could run a carfax on the VIN to get a rough idea of the mileage. More to the point however, is the implied question about the wear that might come with use (mileage being an indicator). Do I need to post more pictures?

It is not perfect, shows signs of some wear, like the leather grain being a bit more smooth where the hands go, and light scratch typical of a ring and/or key. Its used, not concourse.

My guess is the eBay watchers are waiting until near the end of the listing hoping something cheaper comes along, keeping my listing as their fall back position. Unfortunately, there will only be one winner/buyer.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks, Joe
Old 03-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #10

One hour - Last Chance - $765

Got an offer on eBay for $775, which I am going to accept in the next hour. Would still take $765 here because eBay fees will eat into the $775. Let me know. Thanks, Joe
Old 03-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #11

Sold, sold, sold

Black three spoke steering wheel and airbag sold. Thanks, Joe