Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #1

Garage
FS: 17" Boxster S OEM wheels

I'm thinking of selling my set of 4 17" factory OEM wheels off of my 2001 Boxster S.

I have attached pictures of two of the wheels. The other two are similar condition. I am working on cleaning up them up now. They are all in very good condition.

The wheels have Continental Extreme Contact DW tires with 80% tread life left (installed with 27.5K miles, currently at 34.5K miles). Unfortunately, I ran over a nail and drove a couple hundred yards on one of the tires; the tire shop said I permanently damaged the tire sidewall and I would need a new tire. That really means it needs a new set of 2 tires. The other two tires have most of their life left. You could put the new tires in the back and the used ones up front and they would end up wearing pretty evenly. The flat tire did not damage the wheel in anyway.

I'm using this opportunity to upgrade to 18 inch wheels. I'm hoping to supplement the cost of the new wheels by selling these.

I would ship the tires using the shipping materials I would get from tirerack. I assume shipping will cost around $100. I am in Tucson and will drive as far as Phoenix to drop them off.

Please PM me an offer. I'm hoping for $500 for the wheels but will entertain any reasonable offer.

Edit: Colored Porsche crest center caps included

Last edited by desert_porsche; 01-27-2014 at 03:47 PM.
desert_porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #2

Hi,

I`m also think about changing Boxster S 17" to any 18" rims.
Did you already choose 18" rims and what type and approximate budget for them?
koka4ever4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #3

Garage
18" BBS SR Anthricite

Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #4

I have been eyeing the BBS SR as well. Can you post some pics when you get them on the car?
'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #5

Garage
Here are some photos of the new wheels. They're not very high quality as I took them with my phone. Soon I will take some with my good camera.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #6

They look great. Wonder how they would look with my seal grey car. Thanks for posting!

'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote