Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #1

Thumbs up Porsche Boxster (2001) Removable Hardtop (BLACK METALLIC-Z8 COLOR CODE)

Porsche Boxster Removable Hardtop Fits years 1997-2004 (came from a 2001 Boxster S)
Black Metallic in color (Color Code is Z8 1997 to 2001)
Good condition Located in Metuchen, NJ (08840)
No shipping by owner.
Must be picked up.

TO SOME IT MAY NOT MATTER, BUT TO ME I WANTED A PERFECT FLAWLESS HARDTOP, AS IT WAS FALSELY LISTED TO BEGIN WITH (OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED IT).

EBAY DOES NOT OFFER ANY PROTECTION FOR ANY ITEM THAT IS PICKED UP. (AND IT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND EVEN THOUGH THE ORIGINAL AUCTION STATED IT HAD PROTECTION, WITH NO EXCLUSIONS IN THE EBAY BUYER PROTECTION BLURB).

ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10, I'D GIVE THIS TOP A 8.7 TO 9.1 FOR CONDITION.

I PURCHASED FROM SELLER ON EBAY ON AUGUST 23, 2012 ITEM # 261086582790 FOR $900 WHICH WAS FICTITIOUSLY LISTED AS NEW, EXCELLENT CONDITION AND BLACK.

AS SHOWN HERE ALL OF THAT INFORMATION WAS FRAUDULENTLY CONVEYED BY SELLER AND EBAY TOLD ME THAT BECAUSE I PICKED UP THE ITEM INSTEAD OF IT BEING SHIPPED, IT VOIDED ANY EBAY BUYER PROTECTION OFFERED BY THEM, WHICH THEY COULD NOT PROVIDE TO ME IN WRITING AND HUNG UP ON ME AND IT IS NOW OF NO USE TO ME.

I DO NOT WANT TO PAINT IT.

IF YOU HAVE A BLACK (COLOR CODE A1 1997 TO DATE) AND WISH TO TRADE, IT'S AN EVEN SWAP.

I AM SELLING FOR $1100 TO COVER ANY COSTS THAT I WILL GET SCREWED OUT OF BY EBAY, NOT TO MENTION I HAD WELL OVER $500 IN GAS, FOOD AND LODGING COSTS TO PICK IT UP. SELLER ON EBAY WAS A RETIRED LAWYER WHO SHREWDLY GOT OVER ON ME AS WELL AS EBAY TELLING ME I HAVE NO PROTECTION BECAUSE I PICKED IT UP (SHIPPING ESTIMATE WAS OVER $1000) AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW A POTENTIAL BUYER CAN BE PROTECTED IF IT CAN ONLY BE PICKED UP, HE LISTED IT AS NEW AND EXCELLENT AND THEN SENT DELAYED E-MAIL WHICH I NEVER GOT UNTIL AFTER THE PURCHASE THAT IT HAD SCRATCHES.

HIS LISTING STATED:
ITEM # 261086582790
New other (see details)<---(AND THE DETAILS SAID NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE WORD EXCELLENT):
A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear.
The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed.
The item may be a factory second, or a new, unused item with defects.
See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. (WHICH THERE WERE NONE)
Porsche Boxster Removable Hardtop Fits years 1997-2004 Black in color Excellent condition <------- IT IS NOT IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION
Located in Stevensville, Michigan
No shipping by owner.
Must be picked up.

IT WAS NOT BLACK, IT WAS NOT EXCELLENT, IT WAS AS DESCRIBED BY BE ABOVE. ALSO HERE IS THE "DELAYED" E-MAIL I NEVER GOT AFTER THE PURCHASE

Seller 8/23/12 7:51 AM Subject: Other: bobflowers sent a message about Porsche Boxster Removable Hardtop #261086582790 From: subtleimpressions (0) RTQ Private 261086582790 To: bobflowers (0) (0) 108.222.214.24 Delayed (4: 2012-08-23 20:56 UTC) The top was used on the 2001 Boxster S for 1 month. I moved to florida replaced the top with speed humps and have stored the top for 8 years. There are the following defects;(1) a scratch 2" long by 1/16" wide; (2) two chips in the paint each less than 1/16" by 1/16". And yes it is black.

SO, IT IS NOW FOR SALE OR TRADE.

guruuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #2

I'll take it if your willing to ship.
Pm sent
SF-Rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #3

Nla

Nla
nla
nla
guruuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #4

Garage
Do you still have this top? I have business in your area and could pick up. Email me your number to hotwheelsusa@msn.com and lets talk...Thanks Lorin

HotwheelsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote